Gibson Brands Forums

I soo miss my guitar :(

swleary

It really sucks when you know you can't physically play your guitar. Frustrates me to no end. Other things I can do but playing guitar is the one thing I most look forward to after my shoulder heals ....

Yes I'm whining a little lol

It really sucks when you know you can't physically play your guitar. Frustrates me to no end. Other things I can do but playing guitar is the one thing I most look forward to after my shoulder heals ....

Wow, what a beauty! I would miss her too [thumbup]

I know how it feels....I just installed the new toggle and output jack in my Les Paul and finally got it working great again.

Unfortunately the day before, working on a pickguard for another electric, the hobby knife slipped and gave me deep, heavy bleeding cuts on the top of my middle and ring finger of my left hand.

It hurts when I bend the tips....plus the cut on my middle finger was about 2 mm away from the nail, so the section from the cut to the nail is almost entirely numb.....

I know how it feels....I just installed the new toggle and output jack in my Les Paul and finally got it working great again.

Unfortunately the day before, working on a pickguard for another electric, the hobby knife slipped and gave me deep, heavy bleeding cuts on the top of my middle and ring finger of my left hand.

It hurts when I bend the tips....plus the cut on my middle finger was about 2 mm away from the nail, so the section from the cut to the nail is almost entirely numb.....

how deep was the cut?

how deep was the cut?

Damn I think it was as deep as possible, on the top of my finger...my bone ached for a while there....

In my mom's experience I needed a stitch or so, but the other doctor disagreed and told the nurse to put a steri strip...It held well but I took it off today because it was not being kept sufficiently dry.

Top of the finger doesn't sound soo deep, but blood spurted out the second the blade hit it....and got everywhere! Luckily none landed on the electronics or the guitar...My Les paul and acoustic were safely put away so they were at no risk..

surely there is something else you can do with just one hand?

flippin you the bird is one of them Steve..I can also dial 911 for when you come to Canada to stalk me even more..just sayin lmao

You dial 911 in Canada too? I figured it would be a different number 665 112 or something like that.

I can sympathize with you about not being able to play your guitar. I haven't been able to touch any of my Gibby's for over a week due to the need to be with my hospitalized son. I'm glad I could be with him through the recovery (he's doing great), but being unable to play even a little is painful! Tomorrow we'll be home, can't wait! Hope you're able to play again soon.

Archived