Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Crestwood Duluxe/Custom

Could the guys at Epiphone who did such a great job at building up the Wilshire '66 reissue possibily consider doing a Crestwood Duluxe & or Custom with the same original mini humbuckers. The 1st reissue was good, but they needed the original mini's.

Could the guys at Epiphone who did such a great job at building up the Wilshire '66 reissue possibily consider doing a Crestwood Duluxe & or Custom with the same original mini humbuckers. The 1st reissue was good, but they needed the original mini's.

Welcome to the forum MJ, you can only hope, occasionally the big boss gets on here and has a look around, but I wouldn't hold my breath. There was a "What would you like to see from Epiphone" thread recently, there was a loooong list of lusted after re-issues, if one makes it to market I'll be really surprised.

• 6 months later...

I totally agree, MJ. The 66 Wilshire with Tremotone is a fantastic reissue, great value and a all-round winner...but I would LOVE to see the Crestwood Deluxe being reissued. I'm a big fan of Radio Birdman, and their guitarist Deniz Tek plays a beautiful Polaris White Crestwood given to him by Fred Sonic Smith of the MC5- Deniz took it form Michigan to Sydney in the early 70s, and the rest is history.

The French luthier Roger Daguet makes superb replicas of this guitar, but I'd love to see Epiphone reissue it at an affordable price. :)

Hi all,

thanks for the feedback. I'm not the big boss, but I will forward your feedback to Epiphone. :rolleyes:

Wow, thanks StijnV! I've gotta say, I love my 66 Wilshire reissue, I can't fault it! The Tremotone works beautifully. I for one would snap up a Crestwood Deluxe reissue(and in my opinion, the Polaris White finish is the coolest one!).

Archived