Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mikesan1

New J45 Custom

My j 45 Custom is about two months old great instrument . Ive had it for two weeks and the sound of this guitar rivals my J 200 .

j45rw00.jpg

j45_headstock.jpg

When I see a band playing without Colosi bone pins, I walk out.

Hor hor ho ho ho. . .

Guess it's about time for me to try them out -

My j 45 Custom is about two months old great instrument . Ive had it for two weeks and the sound of this guitar rivals my J 200 .

j45rw00.jpg

j45_headstock.jpg

WOW!!!

I bought one in Oct. of last year and I had a good luthier put bone pins, nut and saddle on it. What a difference! I think you will be very pleased if you follow through with this mod.

Lovely guitar, I was very seriously considering one myself up until last week, things have taken a Hummingbird turn at the minute although nothing is set in stone just yet ;)

Lovely guitar, I was very seriously considering one myself up until last week, things have taken a Hummingbird turn at the minute although nothing is set in stone just yet ;)

Just going on your nick - I'm curious . . . . is this you first jumbo purchase? . . . Or is parlour size your fave ?

Just going on your nick - I'm curious . . . . is this you first jumbo purchase? . . . Or is parlour size your fave ?

No, not at all, I've had more large guitars than I have parlors, but I've always had a soft spot for the small bodies too. msp_wub.gif

The next purchase will be my first Gibson jumbo though, but probably not my last msp_thumbup.gif

The small ones I currently have are a Gibson Keb Mo (number 6 of the 300 run), a Martin 0-28VS and a Recording King ROS627 (clone of the Martin 000-28VS) and electrics wise a few Gretsch prolines, custom shop Tele and this modded 335 below

335_1-1.jpg