Gibson Brands Forums

LIne6 x3 Live floorboard owners

WahKeen

I've located amps that are suitable for blues, but I'm perhaps saturating the sound with the Stomp settings. I've been tweaking but I'd like to see what you guys who own this pedalboard use for your blues settings.

I like mine deep, dirty, and growling. The Tube Sreamer is nice, but maybe I'm setting it too hot.... Don't know. So anyway, what are your settings? Thanks!

I just picked up an XT Live last night, I dedicated today after work while watching the hockey game to play around with sounds one of my five banks I want to make all clean tones for blues, jazz, acoustic sim. So if I find something that sounds good I will definitely share it with you but until then I got nothing to share :(

I play with an Xt live through a Roland Jazz Chorus and it sounds amazing!

For blues I'll usually use one of the Marshall amps, or a Fender amp. I'll put either tube overdrive, the screamer (AKA tube screamer), or one of the fuzz pedals as the first effect.

I'm still experimenting with what I like to use as the mod effect, but I like the phase 90 type of thing, and the Leslie rotating speaker thing too.

I'm also still experimenting with what type of delay I prefer to use.

All in all the pod sounds really great though. Especially through the super clean Jazz Chorus! I'd like to get an A,B switch and run my guitar through the pod and the Jazz chorus, and also through a few regular effects pedals and my blues junior. That way I can get that traditional tube sound, or use the pods sounds. Or both! msp_thumbup.gif

I have a Line 6 X3 Live and for blues sounds I either use the 1968 Plexi Lead 100 with the 4x12 1996 Brit Celest V-30s cab or 1958 Tweed B-Man with a 1x8 1960 Tiny Tweed with drive on 10 and presence on 7.

They both sound pretty good.

Try them and let us know what you think.

I have a Line 6 X3 Live and for blues sounds I either use the 1968 Plexi Lead 100 with the 4x12 1996 Brit Celest V-30s cab or 1958 Tweed B-Man with a 1x8 1960 Tiny Tweed with drive on 10 and presence on 7.

They both sound pretty good.

Try them and let us know what you think.

Thanks for the suggestion. I do use 68 plexi lead 100, but need to check my cabs and speakers. I sure will try it. Thanks again.

Archived