Gibson Brands Forums

Normans Rare Guitars in LA?

Spot

I'm in LA this weekend and was gonna stop by and test drive a few round shouldered vintage Gibsons.

My link

Prices look super high, anyone have any experience with these guys?

[confused]

No personal experience. Have seen his ads for years. Norm is rather 'proud' of his 'rare' guitars, as reflected in his pricing.

Me thinks, Norm has amassed quite a collection thru the years, and could give a **** less if you buy one or not...But...if you choose to buy, you will pay dearly.... [sleep]

Actually, judging by the condition a lot of those guitars appear to be in, his pricing looks extremely reasonable.

I pretty much agree. Some of the prices seem high -- mainly the really rare stuff -- and most seem to be pretty comparable to prices at other major vintage dealers. They may be super high relative to eBay prices, but that's true of every reputable dealer.

-- Bob R

Should be a interesting visit.I also think his prices are in line with the market,and would love to stumble in with my Crown Royal,cocaine addled brain clutching my NEW gold record,shouting"Show me your best,%$#@ the cost"!......oh,dog wants in....

Check out the extremely clean natural top 1968 Hummingbird. It as originally for sale here at one of our local shops and is one of the best sounding 1960s Gibsons I have ever played. I took it home for a week or so and came close to buying it myself.

Based on what the local guy was asking for the HB and what Norm is asking I gotta agree with the being rather pricey thing.

For what it's worth, in the past year I've sold two Gibsons to Norm. A 1960 J45 and a 1959 Country Western.

Norm paid me more for each of those guitars then any other dealer would and more then any private party offerd me when I had them advertised.

For what it's worth, in the past year I've sold two Gibsons to Norm. A 1960 J45 and a 1959 Country Western.

Norm paid me more for each of those guitars then any other dealer would and more then any private party offerd me when I had them advertised.

Now your Talkin'...Thats real RARE....

Archived