Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute Gold Top

Kineman Karma

Hey all, I am excited and my wait is nearly over.

This morning I got a call from my Dealer who stated that today a Cherry Burst and Ebony 60's LPT's landed at the store.

I have an order for 4 LPT Gold Tops in a partnership deal which I ordered I believe in late January. Don't Quote me on that but it was around that period.

Wow, apparently my GT's will be in the store waiting for my hands Between this coming Monday to Wednesday.

I am buzzing and I haven't even touched the beast yet.

They are in the country but I am just waiting on them to arrive from the warehouse to my dealer.

Positive vibes all the way from the land down under because we normally winge about being left out as I did on another post..lol.

I will post pic's as soon as I pic her up. bling bling GT.

Cheers.

G'day again,

Well today I ventured into my local dealer and was advised that my Gold Tops would be in by tomorrow, if not the end of the week.

However, I had the privilige to play a Cherry Sunburst 60's Tribute and an Ebony 60's Tribute.

I picked up the Cherry Burst first and plugged it into a Fender black face hotrod deluxe amp.

Prior to playing I inspected this peice and notice that it had an off center seemed 2 peice back where the seem ran just above the control panel.

I further noticed that the top was 2 piece & centre seemed and it had a nice burst to it.

The neck join and fretboard joins were well done, however I noted that one of the tulip buttons on the tuners was cracked appearing like a shatterd window, There was also a small ding at the base of the body.

I found it to be very light in weight and acoustically very resonant.

Alright down to business with tone.

This was the first time that I have ever played P-90's and I am hooked. I really enjoyed the mid range bite that the P-90's have and found them to be very dynamic and they really responded well to the amps Clean & overdrive. TONE FOR DAYS!!!! :)

Ok to the Ebony, it appeared to be a 1 peice back and 1 peice top, I found it very difficult to find seems to indicate to me that it was anything other.

The neck join and fretboard join were well done without fault. The ebony was a touch heavier than the Cherry Burst.

As per the Cherry Burst this Ebony also sounded absolutely awesome.

Both Guitars were well set up to my liking and played really well with me achieving what I wanted from the fretboard.

The only thing I came away thinking about was the fret ends grabbing at the webbing of my fingers, it wasn't that razor sharp feeling, I just thought that they could of been rounded off a bit better.

I think the 60's neck profile is just awesome.

My overall thoughts on comparing and playing these two is that Gibson is on a winner with this model.

I don't think Gibson should limit run these because they would cover a bigger purchase audience without hesitation. As a youngster or even a working muso, I would not hesitate to make this my first Gibson Purchase Guitar.

As a Semi Pro Muso myself playing in 3 bands, I would not hesitate to use this battle axe as a go to guitar.

Well done Gibson, Please do not limit this guitar!! and let everyone enjoy what it has to offer :)

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON MY GOLD TOP....Rock N Roll!!

• 4 weeks later...

Happy Days! I missed out on the tribute 50's GT but I was on a waiting list with Musicians friend for the tribute 60's GT, well I did a word search and found a GT in stock at the music zoo. Just got it today and it plays and sounds amazing. I have a worn brown studio and really didn't figure they would be much difference but OMG! It has great tone even unplugged. All I can say is, I'm so glad I got this baby, it's made to play for sure! [thumbup] Whats funny is I had been checking everywhere and today when I got home, I had a message from Sweetwater saying their orders will not come in until late August or September. Thanks Music Zoo!

Happy Days! I missed out on the tribute 50's GT but I was on a waiting list with Musicians friend for the tribute 60's GT, well I did a word search and found a GT in stock at the music zoo. Just got it today and it plays and sounds amazing. I have a worn brown studio and really didn't figure they would be much difference but OMG! It has great tone even unplugged. All I can say is, I'm so glad I got this baby, it's made to play for sure! [thumbup] Whats funny is I had been checking everywhere and today when I got home, I had a message from Sweetwater saying their orders will not come in until late August or September. Thanks Music Zoo!

Mate well done [thumbup] about six months ago I sent an email to the zoo who replied that they do not ship to Australia.

So I bummed out with them on that one, but great to hear they helped you out.

It's a great axe hey [biggrin]

Here is is...not very good picture. I had to lower the resolution to attach the file. What is the max resolution I can go here? I also tried to add my Studio Worn Brown with black pearl pickguard and I added top hats as well. It really didn't photograph well at all. Anyways here she is. Thanks.

Very nice Wardog... Congrats very much [thumbup]

Hey did they throw in the case for you?

Nah.....they are in the position as to ask...why should we? We're selling everyone that comes through the door and they knew I was lucky to find one in stock. I bought my case on ebay. I could have bought a different case, but my old deluxe GT was in a gibson case so I wanted this one to be also. The soft case that comes with them is very plush inside, but there's nothing like a hard case to protect your instrument.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived