Gibson Brands Forums

SWEET WATER 60s TRIBUTE LP SHIPMENTS?

BUYSELLBROKER

I am starting to get very nervous after reading several threads on this website because I also ordered a Gibson 60s Tribute Gold Top Les Paul from Sweetwater on January 31, 2011.

My order has been pushed back THREE MONTHS. Now the new shipping date is unknown by my salesman. WTF?

Has anybody out there received ANY color Gibson 60's Tribute LP from SWEETWATER?

Any Gold Tops?

Help me, Jesus!!!!!

I am starting to get very nervous after reading several threads on this website because I also ordered a Gibson 60s Tribute Gold Top Les Paul from Sweetwater on January 31, 2011.

My order has been pushed back THREE MONTHS. Now the new shipping date is unknown by my salesman. WTF?

Has anybody out there received ANY color Gibson 60's Tribute LP from SWEETWATER?

Any Gold Tops?

Help me, Jesus!!!!!

I just got notice of shipping a few days ago (I ordered mine in January)... I already got a sunburst in the meantime that I'm crazy about, so I cancelled. So maybe you'll get mine. I figured I'd let you have it, rather than scalp it on the FleaBay.

Can I get some love?

I just got notice of shipping a few days ago (I ordered mine in January)... I already got a sunburst in the meantime that I'm crazy about, so I cancelled. So maybe you'll get mine. I figured I'd let you have it, rather than scalp it on the FleaBay.

Can I get some love?

Did you deal with Marcos at Sweet Water?

What I don't understand about this new 60s LP is why is it so awesome? I have a 2010 Studio LP and I like the price, the sound from the Humbuckers, etc. Is it the looks, the P-90s, or what that makes the 60s Tribute so great in your opinion?

Thanks for writing.

JPF

Did you deal with Marcos at Sweet Water?

What I don't understand about this new 60s LP is why is it so awesome? I have a 2010 Studio LP and I like the price, the sound from the Humbuckers, etc. Is it the looks, the P-90s, or what that makes the 60s Tribute so great in your opinion?

Thanks for writing.

JPF

Well, 2 things: (1) The price, especially for a "Gold Top," and (2) the P-90's! These are

excellent playing and sounding guitars, even without the "bling" (Binding/pearl inlay logo).

But, IF you prefer "Humbucker" tone...they don't offer that, in these "Tribute" models...YET, anyway.

So, best to stay where you're already comfortable.

CB

I found out this morning that Sweet Water's allotment of Gibson 60s Tribute Les Paul will not ship to customers until August, 2011.

I am not sure what I am going to do now.

What would you do?

Wait it out, bro. You must have another guitar.

I thought I was impatient until I got to this forum.

I found out this morning that Sweet Water's allotment of Gibson 60s Tribute Les Paul will not ship to customers until August, 2011.

What would you do?

Keep your order, there...BUT, call some other dealers, too. If you find one,

you love, in the meantime, you can always cancel the SW order, or buy it later,

and see which one you like the most...and sell the other. You may, however,

end up like me, and keep both! LOL Logic (often) does not apply! ;>)

CB

What would you do?

Same thing I did when it became obvious Guitar Center was going to be near the end of the 50's Tribute deliveries. Keep the order current (resetting the FCC clock etc). AND, search other retailers who I'd seen reported as getting stock, in order to insure I didn't get left without. It worked.

What would you do?

Cancel your Sweet Water order and order from Wildwood. They are in stock. Here is their website:

Wildwood link

Keep us posted and enjoy the hunt :)

I received my 60s Tribute LP Gold Top a few days ago from Wildwood and played it yesterday. What a nice LP for the money.

The pickups were adjusted by Wildwood and there is no hum which I read was a concern by others owners. The neck pickup was adjusted down much lower than the bridge pickup.

The neck is narrow compared to the Les Paul Studio and Standard I usually play and reminds me of a Stratocaster neck.

The overall finish is excellent, but the back of the guitar appears to be two pieces of wood glued together. My LP Standard has a beautiful one piece back. For a thousand dollars less than a Standard I can live with a two piece back.

The GT weighs less than both other guitars, but not by much.

The soft case is nice, but I ordered a hard case from MF because they are dirt cheap and some day I may actually take my GT out of the house for one reason or another.

Now I have to figure out what other guitars I own must go because I am running out of room here.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY!

No hum? From a P-90? Unless the "adjustment" they made for you was to swap out the stock pickups with some hum-canceling ones, I call BS. The stock pickups don't hum BADLY, but they hum.

If you ordered from WIldwood, they should have told you exactly how many pieces the back was. Every GT I've seen listed on their site has had that as, I think, the second bit of info at the top. FWIW, my firgt GT is a 3-piece and looks and sounds great. My second one is a 1-piece and I look forward to comparing the two, after it arrives today.

I received my 60s Tribute LP Gold Top a few days ago from Wildwood and played it yesterday. What a nice LP for the money.

The pickups were adjusted by Wildwood and there is no hum which I read was a concern by others owners. The neck pickup was adjusted down much lower than the bridge pickup.

The neck is narrow compared to the Les Paul Studio and Standard I usually play and reminds me of a Stratocaster neck.

The overall finish is excellent, but the back of the guitar appears to be two pieces of wood glued together. My LP Standard has a beautiful one piece back. For a thousand dollars less than a Standard I can live with a two piece back.

The GT weighs less than both other guitars, but not by much.

The soft case is nice, but I ordered a hard case from MF because they are dirt cheap and some day I may actually take my GT out of the house for one reason or another.

Now I have to figure out what other guitars I own must go because I am running out of room here.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYBODY!

I played my LP 60s Tribute GT through a Full Tone Full Drive 2 Mosfet pedal and I had no hum issues.

Are there any photos posted of three piece versus one piece LP 60s Tribute on this website? I love to see them.

Otherwise, please post your photos when your one piece arrives.

I don't have hum ISSUES, either. But I do have hum. In all three positions, since neither of mine have RWRP neck pups (i've read conflicting reports about whether or not any of the tributes do). And if you've got the stock pikcups, so do you.

Here's a thread on another forum where I show pics and outline my perceived differences between my two Gold Tops: http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216467

I played my LP 60s Tribute GT through a Full Tone Full Drive 2 Mosfet pedal and I had no hum issues.

Are there any photos posted of three piece versus one piece LP 60s Tribute on this website? I love to see them.

Otherwise, please post your photos when your one piece arrives.

Cancel your Sweet Water order and order from Wildwood. They are in stock. Here is their website:

Wildwood link

Keep us posted and enjoy the hunt :)

...or check out the Music Zoo. I ordered a lefty '60s Tribute from them and received it within the week. The Music Zoo doesn't use stock photos on their website. The guitar (of which several images were available) I saw and ordered was the guitar I received.

Archived