Gibson Brands Forums

"Dont buy one them guitars that start with G" ;-)

Gilliangirl

Oh mercy, I thought trailer parks were an American phenomenon.

TW I concede that was almost witty' date=' By the time next June comes you might be as amusing as Russell Brand. A worthy foe with whom to share a glass of Moose drool!

Keep em coming mate and dinna fergrt Bobs your uncle!

Love and peace to all on this day when we celebrate our wedding anniversary, we are off to Belgium and France for a few hours

John

[/quote']

Hey there Butch Chartered..... checking your list sig, you are playing a Strat (or an SG copy....). You will have noticed the guitar being used was a Tele with the fart noise and the twang and the resting on the belly and stuff. The beanie hat and the shirt are important, but the Tele is the thing.

And I have to tell you - having just put my Tele together - compared to my SG copy and Super-strat it is a completely different fish-kettle. I keep coming back to it and I keep doing twangy licks and breaks that make me smile, 'cause I never knew I had that much country in me (being a blues man) and then Rory Gallagher seems to take over. I never realised just HOW different a breed of electic could be.

So watch the Larry Bill clip again, and learn.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-!

I've heard of a spare tire, but never a Tellie Bellie.

"My name's Larry Bill. Call me BR549."

I gotta get me them overhauls.

What you s'pect Larry Bill has in them milk jugs? hard Cider? "Shine?" Clabbered milk? Either one, I think he's been drinkin... I mean Drankin' too much of it.

Fender must be so-o-o-o-o proud!

Don't know why you are all so amused!

In South East England he would be a fairly typical guitar tutor.

Except he would also offer to charge £50 per visit to check the tuning!

Only 50 pounds? I think that boy tips the scales at 330 if he's a pound!

I just got around to watching larry bill.

Thanks, Karen.

Cute couple, TommyK. Nice rose on that groom.

Seriously, though, weren't the original rednecks of Scots highland extraction?

Doesn't the word have its origins in the Gaelic, meaning "bogdweller?"

Kind of mean to blame larry bill on the poor Scots, although I once had a piping instructor who reminded me

a little of him.

Bless all here,

Colin MacKenzie

"Red Neck" comes from pick-up truck drivin'. Before tinted rear windows and stretch cabs, the back of a pick-up truck driver's neck was exposed to the sun's rays, while his face was shaded by the roof of the cab. Exteneded periods of pick-up truck drivin' leads to a burning of this area. Also, extended periods of outdoor seed corn company, ball cap wearin' leads to this redness. Therefore 'red neck' is short for pick-up truck drvin', redneck, dirt farmer. Of which I am proud to be... 'ceptin' I didn't marry my sister.

The above feller would not be called a red neck as his neck is shaded by his mullett. He might be more appropriately be called (dispparraging of course) trailer trash, white trash, or just wigger. None of which would be used in polite, p.c. company. You might be better by calling him a 'Mullett." Named for the hair doo he sports which appears to be a fish draped over his head. What to call the young bride? "knocked up."

Archived