Gibson Brands Forums

Oh My God!

daveinspain

Yep Neo won't be able to make his claim as owning the only one anymore although his is very different more like a 1275. I've seen at least 3 others recently all slightly different (probably Proto's for this release) so his claim wasn't all that solid to begin with. I actually kind of like the guitar but can't really see a need for a 12 string electric other than Ric's

Looks pretty nice, the price shouldnt be too bad the MSRP on my Explorer was $2399 + tax I ended up walking away with it for $1480 after tax so I can assume one of these SG's could be had for a similar price. I can agree with the pickup selection being a little wacked my Explorer has the 496R neck pickup and 500T bridge pickup and I can say without a doubt I HATE the neck pickup, it voices well when combined with the bridge but alone its too quiet and very unpronounced, the 500T on the other hand I dont mind its a pretty decent little pickup nice and hot for a stocker.

I'd rather get this one they toted in the same e-mail today (and I'm an SG guy..):

http://www2.gibson.c...nal-Bigsby.aspx

Splash-02.jpg

I kind of had my mind made up on an Iced Tea Traditional as my next purchase, but then I saw this and I'm in a muddle. I was surprised to see that the MSRP appears to be a few hundred dollars less than the non-Bigsby Traditional.

I still say it's at least the 2d most useless configuration for a guitar.

I can't quite put my finger on what beats it, but I'm sure there's something.

Let me help you here.........A Rich 12 string.......[thumbup] ..

Last I heard he was the "B" word.

No, Neo is not banned........As much as he loved posting Guitar Threads, he also enjoyed posting um, er, non Guitar Threads......

I enjoyed ALL of his threads......The owner of these forums did not.......Enough said.......I miss Neo, I am aware that he's on MLP,

but, I don't go there often, and, I can contact him anytime I wish.....IMHO, he's a good man, a good father, a good everything......

I'd rather get this one they toted in the same e-mail today (and I'm an SG guy..):

http://www2.gibson.c...nal-Bigsby.aspx

Splash-02.jpg

I want one.....I need one.....I will get one.....I can't put a Bigsby on a flame top Les Paul, I just can't......IMHO, 496R and 500T pickups are, ah, pointless....

I'm with Nat and others on this; '57s, and P-90s......and Lollars, Seymours, etc............

Archived