Gibson Brands Forums

American Idol SUCKS

LPguitarman

First Pia, Now James. I have no more desire to watch the last two weeks. I can't stand Scotty with his Howdy Doody looks and the way he holds the mic. And, I don't really care who wins between Lauren & Haley.

I can't believe America thinks any of the remaining three are better than James, and I'm still steaming over the loss of Pia.

The only slight chance I may watch the finale in two weeks is to possibly see Steven Tyler perform. Maybe they'll bring back James for an encore performance with Steven. That would be worth it. Don't really care much who wins.

My daughter is thinking about auditioning in St. Louis next month. We'll see how that goes.

Ok Rant over.

I was surprised as well, however thinking about it James really didn't have a chance as a metal head. With that show "America" always picks a pop type performer. Chris Daughtry was eliminated at #4 also so ......

Does suck though, now I hope Haley wins.

Never watched it, believe it or not. I'm not even sure what it's all about - and I doubt seriously I'm missing much.

m

There's lots of TV I don't watch (Survivor, Big Brother, Fat People Dancing, etc.), but this tops the list.

I just don't get it.

But give me some down-home drama like the Guist Brothers on Swamp People, and I'm fascinated!

I can't believe it gets more votes than government elections. Weekly.

Oh wait, yes I can. I wonder how many of those 40-50% of people who don't vote for their government voted weekly on AI.

I can't believe it gets more votes than government elections. Weekly.

Oh wait, yes I can. I wonder how many of those 40-50% of people who don't vote for their government voted weekly on AI.

Yeah, but can you text a vote (or two or three) for your local dogcatcher?

once the auditions are over i loose all interest in the show.

Do you think any of them from the initial auditions are actors? Can they all be that bad, and not know it? Is ego that powerful? I think maybe a few of them are acting of their own accord for their own 15 minutes of fame.

Do you think any of them from the initial auditions are actors? Can they all be that bad, and not know it? Is ego that powerful? I think maybe a few of them are acting of their own accord for their own 15 minutes of fame.

i agree with you. i just somehow find it funny watch.

Other than his deep voice Scotty is the most girly one on the show and that includes all the girls. I think he's was even more femine acting than Adam Lambert from last year, everything about his screams wimp. I Can't believe what's popular sometimes, but winning isn't always the best result for a contestant. James could easily follow Daughtry or one of the others into a big record contract with a good heavy rock band behind him without signing what's left of his sole over to Idol.

And I'm guessing Pia be all right also from what I've read she'll be the first one to release an album as soon as the idol contract allows it.

Oh well if they want to make a Brokeback mountain two movie Scotty's a shoe in for the confused gaay cowboy.

All of the top 10 (11) end up with recording contracts. Pia already has one. James just gets to skip the mandated recording pop songs for winning. It' probably more of a favor than a dis to get voted out now.

TV Sucks. Turn it off.

Actually, TV is the biggest drug addiction in the US (possibly the world)

Drug addiction? you say?

1. When people quit watching TV they have severe withdrawal symptoms
  2. The TV watcher needs the drug to be stronger and stronger to get the same high - example: in one generation we've gone from "Our Miss Brooks" to "Sex In The City"
  3. The drug user cannot tell the difference between the drug experience and reality. Ask any actor who regularly plays a villain on TV. If they get recognized at a grocery store or other public place, they get taunted and jeered at as if they were the character that they portray on TV

Just say "No" to TV.

I turned off the TV in the 80s. I have no cable, no antenna, and live in a fringe coverage area so I cannot get anything but a very snowy TV Evangelism channel. The house is wired, there is a mast in place, and I have the knowledge to install an antenna, but I chose not to. Full disclaimer, Leilani and I do watch an occasional Netflix movie, but that's it.

I've never seen American Idol, The Simpsons, Taxi, Seinfeld, Cheers, Mash, The Apprentice or anything else that I hear about. The last football game I watched had Bob Griese as the quarterback.

Instead of watching TV I've learned to write aftermarket User Styles for the Band-in-a-Box auto-accompaniment program, and learned to run a business. I've learned enough HTML to design and maintain two web sites www.nortonmusic.com and www.s-cats.com. I've also learned how to play wind synthesizer and guitar. Plus I've had a lot of quality time interacting with the person who is my wife, lover, best friend, and band-mate. All this has improved the quality of my life and my happiness much more than watching TV could have ever done.

I recall my trip to China back when the OJ Simson trial was going on. I did a gig there but extended with a vacation tour for 3 weeks. No reason to go that far without visiting the country and the people. In the evening Leilani and I went out on the town, caught entertainment shows (one erhu player made such beautiful music she brought tears to my eyes), went to free markets, interacted with Chinese people, ate local food, and had a great time. A number of the people rushed to find an American hotel and spent the evening watching CNN and the OJ trial. What did they get as compared to what we got? Much less I think, but they were addicted to the TV so they couldn't break the habit to enjoy the country they paid many thousands of dollars to visit.

Personally, I'd rather live my life in person by doing things than to live my life vicariously by watching actors pretend to do things.

As far as we know, we only have one life. Do we want to spend it doing things or watching others pretend to do things.

I know my answer.

Notes ♫

TV Sucks. Turn it off.

Actually, TV is the biggest drug addiction in the US (possibly the world)

Drug addiction? you say?

1. When people quit watching TV they have severe withdrawal symptoms
  2. The TV watcher needs the drug to be stronger and stronger to get the same high - example: in one generation we've gone from "Our Miss Brooks" to "Sex In The City"
  3. The drug user cannot tell the difference between the drug experience and reality. Ask any actor who regularly plays a villain on TV. If they get recognized at a grocery store or other public place, they get taunted and jeered at as if they were the character that they portray on TV

Just say "No" to TV.

I turned off the TV in the 80s. I have no cable, no antenna, and live in a fringe coverage area so I cannot get anything but a very snowy TV Evangelism channel. The house is wired, there is a mast in place, and I have the knowledge to install an antenna, but I chose not to. Full disclaimer, Leilani and I do watch an occasional Netflix movie, but that's it.

I've never seen American Idol, The Simpsons, Taxi, Seinfeld, Cheers, Mash, The Apprentice or anything else that I hear about. The last football game I watched had Bob Griese as the quarterback.

Instead of watching TV I've learned to write aftermarket User Styles for the Band-in-a-Box auto-accompaniment program, and learned to run a business. I've learned enough HTML to design and maintain two web sites www.nortonmusic.com and www.s-cats.com. I've also learned how to play wind synthesizer and guitar. Plus I've had a lot of quality time interacting with the person who is my wife, lover, best friend, and band-mate. All this has improved the quality of my life and my happiness much more than watching TV could have ever done.

I recall my trip to China back when the OJ Simson trial was going on. I did a gig there but extended with a vacation tour for 3 weeks. No reason to go that far without visiting the country and the people. In the evening Leilani and I went out on the town, caught entertainment shows (one erhu player made such beautiful music she brought tears to my eyes), went to free markets, interacted with Chinese people, ate local food, and had a great time. A number of the people rushed to find an American hotel and spent the evening watching CNN and the OJ trial. What did they get as compared to what we got? Much less I think, but they were addicted to the TV so they couldn't break the habit to enjoy the country they paid many thousands of dollars to visit.

Personally, I'd rather live my life in person by doing things than to live my life vicariously by watching actors pretend to do things.

As far as we know, we only have one life. Do we want to spend it doing things or watching others pretend to do things.

I know my answer.

Notes ♫

Internet is the biggest addiction.

Archived