Gibson Brands Forums

American Idol SUCKS

LPguitarman

What Artie said.

Followed by video games.

TV addiction is so '80s.

Frankly, I watch TV on Wed, Thursday and Sunday nights. Also when storms are approaching, for the warnings. I am on the web FAR more often... as in daily. If I were gonna eliminate any one thing from my itinerary in order to make me a more productive human, it would be the computer.

What Artie said.

Followed by video games.

TV addiction is so '80s.

Frankly, I watch TV on Wed, Thursday and Sunday nights. Also when storms are approaching, for the warnings. I am on the web FAR more often... as in daily. If I were gonna eliminate any one thing from my itinerary in order to make me a more productive human, it would be the computer.

I only watch two hours of TV a week, and that's all on Thursday nights. I'm on the internet all the time, I mean when I'm away from my computer, I'm playing guitar or hanging out with friends or at school/work but in between times I can still go on the internet on my phone. I'm an addict, I'll admit it

I own a TV...it's hooked up, to a DVD player, and that's all!

Haven't watched network, or "cable/Dish" TV in my home, in years!

Get all the news I want (and some I don't), on the computer.

Not "addicted" to it, either...but, enjoy the Internet, and the

forums, that I belong to, as well.

Cheers,

CB

It's a popularity contest, not a singing contest.

You're right, it's never been a singing contest and I don't think it's really trying to be. It's really a contest to find the most marketable performer who happens to sing. The world is littered with fantastic singers who aren't performers. And most of today's most popular entertainers are not amazing singers.

I buy TV shows I like on DVD so I can watch them at my convenience, sans commercials.

I spend the large part of my day on the internet for work, and less time but still some at home.

When I go to my guitar lessons the Blackberry stays on the nightstand though, some things are sacred. [thumbup]

Talk about addiction though, I work in the cellular industry as most of you know, and when someone's iPhone, Blackberry, etc, goes down they LOSE it, they're a physical and emotional wreck. These are the extreme cases but they're the definition of an addict for sure. No email, no facebook, no internet, then they consider they've got NOTHING.

As long as I've got my Angry Birds, I'm fine.....

My Crackberry is work only. I am too happy to leave it behind whenever I can. My Driod 2 on the other hand... I'd be crippled without it. It is my GPSing, mobile web searching, price checkinging, keeping tabs on the family-ing right arm.

:)

As long as I've got my Angry Birds, I'm fine.....

My Crackberry is work only. I am too happy to leave it behind whenever I can. My Driod 2 on the other hand... I'd be crippled without it. It is my GPSing, mobile web searching, price checkinging, keeping tabs on the family-ing right arm.

:)

I have them all so I guess that's why it's easy for me to stick with my BB since I have iOS and android access. I'm really digging the Nexus S right now, might have to be my next one :-k

Internet is the biggest addiction.

At least the folks here are participating in the Internet. TV is completely passive.

According to the pollsters, the average American watches between 4 and 6 hours of TV per day.

I'm glad there are others here who at least limit their TV watching.

Of course if you are complaining about American Idol, why are you watching it? Addicted?

Notes ♫

I buy TV shows I like on DVD so I can watch them at my convenience, sans commercials.

I spend the large part of my day on the internet for work, and less time but still some at home.

When I go to my guitar lessons the Blackberry stays on the nightstand though, some things are sacred. [thumbup]

Talk about addiction though, I work in the cellular industry as most of you know, and when someone's iPhone, Blackberry, etc, goes down they LOSE it, they're a physical and emotional wreck. These are the extreme cases but they're the definition of an addict for sure. No email, no facebook, no internet, then they consider they've got NOTHING.

At dinner, My aunt told my cousins to be social. They both got out their iphones.

Don't know what FTW means, but yea, obviously some form of FB or texting or whatever.

Kinda like what we are doing here, right?

FB FTW Translates to Facebook For the Win.

Just incase any of these others come up ROFL is Roll on the floor laughing, and IMO is In my opinion, and IMHO is the much different, in my honest opinion.

In My Humble Opinion. IMHO

In My Not So Humble Opinion IMNSHO

If I Recall Correctly IIRC

We internet addicts must have our own language. :)

There was an article in the Chicago Tribune to "debunk your teen's secret code language for texting" and they had acronyms for stupid stuff like "meet me at the corner for drugs" and stuff like that. It is stupid as hell

Everyone hates me when I text because I use proper grammar and full words

I have never watched it and have no desire to. Except I had to direct a knock off show copying A I for a local TV station in Denver a few years ago. What a big joke! They had several heads of no talent agencies as judges. They thought they hit the big time and were so into themselves it was sickening!

I'll complement real musicians who can play an instrument and sing over a bunch of posers any day!

All of the top 10 (11) end up with recording contracts. Pia already has one. James just gets to skip the mandated recording pop songs for winning. It' probably more of a favor than a dis to get voted out now.

I agree, it is probably better not to win. It's just the principal of the thing.

As for auditions, I'm pretty sure they put some comic relief in as some of the auditions just for entertainment value. Some of them are really funny, and some you just gotta say WTF.

I agree with the post about Scotty is a WIMP. He needs to be booted off, but I'll never know because I'm not watching this week, and I'll only watch next week if Steven performs.

I can't believe it gets more votes than government elections. Weekly.

Oh wait, yes I can. I wonder how many of those 40-50% of people who don't vote for their government voted weekly on AI.

I so solidly agree with this statement. It kills me that many of my extended family members vote EVERY week and debate this show when they haven't voted in a presidential election (not to mention any primary elections, etc.) in years. It drives me crazy. The world is on fire but we are too worked up about AI.

Whew! Glad that's off my chest. [cursing]

Don't forget you get multiple votes on AI. that accounts for some of the difference.

But I agree it is a bold social statement.

Also remember that the contestants have already been through 2 auditions before they get to the TV judges.

(so yeah, there HAS to be some kind of comic relief involved....)

Archived