Gibson Brands Forums

J45'S OWNERS

brums

Hi Folks, I need to make a question to you,

Have you ever measured max. distance (at highest point)

the saddle above the bridge, on your J45 ?

Which's for you the ideal distance of that for a ideal break angle ?

I use .12-.53 usually (Elixirs Nano - EJ16 D'addario - Gibson Masterb.)

thanks to you..........

Have you ever measured max. distance (at highest point)

the saddle above the bridge, on your J45? Which's for you the ideal distance of that for a ideal break angle ?

This is not a very useful measurement on any guitar. Saddle-height-to-bridge measurement for proper break angle and string height will depend on the neck set on a particular instrument, which varies widely, and in turn would make this saddle-bridge measurement vary. Proper action measurements are done string-to-fingerboard (if you subscribe to this method of setting up a guitar; I don't) around the 12th fret. If your preferred action height results in a poor break angle over the saddle, it's a neck set issue and has nothing to do with the measurement you are inquiring about.

This is not a very useful measurement on any guitar. Saddle-height-to-bridge measurement for proper break angle and string height will depend on the neck set on a particular instrument, which varies widely, and in turn would make this saddle-bridge measurement vary. Proper action measurements are done string-to-fingerboard (if you subscribe to this method of setting up a guitar; I don't) around the 12th fret. If your preferred action height results in a poor break angle over the saddle, it's a neck set issue and has nothing to do with the measurement you are inquiring about.

Thanks Buc..................

Archived