Gibson Brands Forums

My amp stand

ChanMan

What would you charge me to make a table top that matches my stand, has some sort of lazy susan thing on it so I can access front and back of the amp and fits my YJM?

I'm pretty certain the stand I have will hold the half stack :D!

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would you charge me to make a table top that matches my stand, has some sort of lazy susan thing on it so I can access front and back of the amp and fits my YJM?

I'm pretty certain the stand I have will hold the half stack :D!

sounds like a cool build, it's never been done before, but that's the norm around here:)

I've no idea until we have the plans drawn up and an idea somewhat hammered out.

[thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Farnsbarns

Who ****ing misused you. That's crazy. I plussed you up on every post in this page and will do so everyday while idiots are hitting the minus. You'll get 4 times as many plusses for every minus.

The guitar stands look cool and that new amp stand looks like another clam-y one.

Ignore the minuses, kids are the majority in here nowadays. You just have to ignore them and concentrate on the intelligent adults (some of the kids fall in to that category in fareness).

Guest Farnsbarns

Plussed those minuses.

Cool stands!

Good man, he was down to minus 2 on the last couple so I could only bring it back to minus 1.

• 1 month later...

This is a pair of Walnut Low Riders with Kick Out Guitar Stands and Table Tops…

Build link: http://www.atlas-stands.com/index.php/forum/9-atlas-stand-build-threads/1048-tubemeister-112-matching-atlas-stands-low-riders-with-table-tops-and-kick-out-guitar-stands

Weights:

Base with guitar stands - 10 lbs

Table Top - 2 lbs

15 degree tilt angle

14.5 inch wide seat

I had to pull out my first electric guitar and try it out, Epi SG with a trans cherry red…I got it as a gift 30 years ago, it's seen a lot of mods over the years. It might even be a fake, not sure, but I love playin' it none-the-less.

Walnut1_zps6e6fa097.jpg

walnut2_zps500cbce4.jpg

Walnut3_zps1dfd8c60.jpg

walnut4_zpsfb1b7396.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I received some pics from the owner of the above Matching Walnut Low Riders with Guitar Stands and Table Tops...

Build Thread: http://www.atlas-stands.com/index.php/forum/9-atlas-stand-build-threads/1048-tubemeister-112-matching-atlas-stands-low-riders-with-table-tops-and-kick-out-guitar-stands

P1080652.jpg

P1080658.jpg

P1080664.jpg

And here's a shot I took of my neighborhood on my way into town…

b6_WMAS.jpg

yeah, just use a guitar strap to carry the stand. I usually have a guitar strap near when I gig, so it just made sense to me. Every amp stand I've made has a place to attach a guitar strap.

Excited here

Beat our previous featherweight record with this Atlas "Micro" Amp Stand…Mahogany with Walnut stripes…

4 pounds 6 ounces…with the strap hardware:)

Build thread:

http://www.atlas-stands.com/index.php/forum/9-atlas-stand-build-threads/1051-immix-eleven-amplification-micro-atlas-amp-stand

page1-7.jpg

page2-6.jpg

page3-1.jpg

Thanks!

Josh

I am wondering why that the amp companies just don't put tilt legs on their amps, like Fender used to do.

Have you seen one of Dan Auerbach's guitars with the built in stand, unfortunatly thats a pretty flimsy one so he tapes it shut. But yeah it would be a good idea to have one built into an amp

• 3 weeks later...

More gorgeous stands!

Josh, I remember that amp project. How about some sound bites?

Hi Farns, that's actually something I've wanted to do for a while now that it's back together. I'll make it happen sometime soon, it sounds better than it looks too, the sweet spot is when the volume is between 7 and 9 :) I don't have as much time to plug in these days, two jobs, two kids and a wife all in school, life is crazy here.

My intention is to change that and start playing in a band setting again as soon as the kids get old enough to stay safe on their own for any half-extended period of time.

Hope everything across the pond is going well for you, Sir.

Archived