Gibson Brands Forums

My amp stand

ChanMan

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the latest completion heading for the Nashville Amp Expo in a couple of weeks.

It's a solid butternut guitar stand with my old modded late 80's Epi SG, one of my first halfway decent guitars. Great for some Sabbath.

It's made from timber that was downed right here on the property two+ years ago. We thought it was an oak tree when we saw that it was dead and needed to come down, but when we smelled it after the chain saws stopped it smelled a lot like walnut. Sure enough it was butternut, or "white walnut". It's turned out to make some very nice stands since then.

Build Thread:  http://www.atlas-stands.com/index.php/forum/atlas-stand-build-threads/1406-butternut-guitar-stand

Butternut_zpsc7acd17f.jpg

page1_zps359f8f83.jpg

page2_zpsf0f7b048.jpg

Thank you! I hope we can turn some heads at the show.

Finished this walnut pedal board this week…

I made it to fit my personal pedal configuration and needs. I'll put my tuner off to the side because I'm not sure what tuner I want to settle on.

It's powered, shielded, and has an on/off switch.

Build Thread: http://www.atlas-stands.com/index.php/forum/atlas-stand-build-threads/1402-walnut-guitar-effects-pedal-board

PBPage1_zps1985516e.jpg

PBPage2_zps1dfcc9b1.jpg

PBPage3_zps53da997a.jpg

Wow.... makes my BCB look mighty.... plastic. :D

Hope you are well Chan...gonna be doin' another give away soon!

Two matching Wormy Chestnut “Micro” amp stands...

Here's the build thread: http://www.atlas-stands.com/index.php/forum/atlas-stand-build-threads/1405-vox-ac4hw1-reclaimed-american-chestnut-micro-atlas-amp-stand

I love this old timber, it's amazing to work with. It came from a reclaimed barn in North Carolina near here. Both stands weigh 8.25 pounds.

P1010001_zpsb31fe052.jpg

ChestnutMicroPage10_zpsa6be02a6.jpg

ChestnutMicroPage9_zpsa36b6b18.jpg

ChestnutMicroPage2_zps5072e134.jpg

The chestnut is really nice. So is the butternut. I'll bet the chestnut stuff could sell for big bucks.

You could make a hand hewn chestnut model - to give it that old timey look.

You do great work, Josh!! [thumbup] [thumbup]

Now I gotta get me a chestnut timber somewhere. :unsure:

The chestnut is really nice. So is the butternut. I'll bet the chestnut stuff could sell for big bucks.

You could make a hand hewn chestnut model - to give it that old timey look.

You do great work, Josh!! [thumbup] [thumbup]

Now I gotta get me a chestnut timber somewhere. :unsure:

Thanks Y'all!

Hey badbluesplayer, you live in Jonesborough TN! cool, that's about 10 miles from me. If you can get to Burnsville NC check out Alpine Design, they have plenty of reclaimed chestnut for you.

here's a link:

Guest Farnsbarns

Those are quite tasty, Josh. What are we doing this time? Pictures of amps balanced precariously on a plethora of bizarre objects again?

Thanks Y'all!

Hey badbluesplayer, you live in Jonesborough TN! cool, that's about 10 miles from me. If you can get to Burnsville NC check out Alpine Design, they have plenty of reclaimed chestnut for you.

here's a link:

Hey Josh - Where are you? Limestone? Greeneville area? I'd love to check out your shop sometime. Me and a partner operate Tennessee Amp in the Sulphur Springs area of Washington Co near Gray & Jonesborough. We make amps and cabinets and similar stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/TennesseeAmplifierCompany

Hey Josh - Where are you? Limestone? Greeneville area? I'd love to check out your shop sometime. Me and a partner operate Tennessee Amp in the Sulphur Springs area of Washington Co near Gray & Jonesborough. We make amps and cabinets and similar stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/TennesseeAmplifierCompany

We're on Hwy 107 across the road from the Nolichuckey River. Sure, you are welcome to come out sometime when we are here, likewise I'd love to visit your shop and meet sometime.

You make very nice looking cabinets, What would it take to wrap an amp stand in tweed? :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Those are quite tasty, Josh. What are we doing this time? Pictures of amps balanced precariously on a plethora of bizarre objects again?

Missed this earlier Farns, sorry. Yes I think that would be the way to go. Fun with gravity. I should have a random drawing instead of a voting contest for sure though.

Nervous and anxious and excited about the Nashville trip. Fingers crossed. Thank you for the well wishes.

We decided a couple weeks ago to have an amp stand give-away contest once our facebook page reaches 1000 in the atlas tribe...we just need 37 likes and it's on!

I love my epi :)

Spreading good vibes here and helping our neighbors.

Just built this custom Spalted Hackberry Atlas Low Rider w/ folding Kick-Out guitar stand last week.

A Table Top fits in the center of the base for use with stacked rigs.

Last weekend the Nashville Amp Expo went well, it was awesome mixing with many of the amp and guitar builders. So much to learn with so few hours in a day.

SpaltedHackberryPage3_zps68a1926a.jpg

SpaltedHackberryPage4_zps78f8d56a.jpg

SpaltedHackberryPage2_zps6b3cac23.jpg

SpaltedHackberryPage1_zpsbc423f50.jpg

Coming up...um...hmmm...Hickory/Pecan

Very thankful for all the support y'all.

Guest Farnsbarns

I don't do Facebook but I do have an account to allow a business page so you got one from me. Kinda worthless as I have no friends on Facebook. I prefer to have my friends made of flesh and blood.

We decided a couple weeks ago to have an amp stand give-away contest once our facebook page reaches 1000 in the atlas tribe...we just need 37 likes and it's on!

I love my epi :)

Spreading good vibes here and helping our neighbors.

Just built this custom Spalted Hackberry Atlas Low Rider w/ folding Kick-Out guitar stand last week.

A Table Top fits in the center of the base for use with stacked rigs.

Last weekend the Nashville Amp Expo went well, it was awesome mixing with many of the amp and guitar builders. So much to learn with so few hours in a day.

SpaltedHackberryPage3_zps68a1926a.jpg

SpaltedHackberryPage4_zps78f8d56a.jpg

SpaltedHackberryPage2_zps6b3cac23.jpg

SpaltedHackberryPage1_zpsbc423f50.jpg

Coming up...um...hmmm...Hickory/Pecan

Very thankful for all the support y'all.

Nice job on the stands Farns.

Archived