Gibson Brands Forums

My amp stand

ChanMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice I like the web. I recently finished a sculpture for a show and if you look very carefully in the poured ice resin base there's a really small scorpion in the resin. The thing was crawling across the floor right in front of me when I was getting ready to pour the resin so I figured it was fate, froze his little ugly butt with a blast of nitrogen and cast him in the base i wonder what people will think if they start looking closely and see the scorpion he was only about the size of a nickel so they'll have to look closely but he's really visible if you look.

• 2 weeks later...

How well padded is the stand for the geetar ??? Doesn't that top piece block knobs and/or vents ???

Where is the "Christmas" themed stand ??? And, finally, when does Stein get his free stand for such an awesome compliment ???

( And indeed, nice progress on the designs Josh..)...Oh, and yeah, pecan is nice wood......

How well padded is the stand for the geetar ??? Doesn't that top piece block knobs and/or vents ???

Where is the "Christmas" themed stand ??? And, finally, when does Stein get his free stand for such an awesome compliment ???

( And indeed, nice progress on the designs Josh..)...Oh, and yeah, pecan is nice wood......

the gee-tar stand has 3/16 inch felt as padding and is quite sturdy and stable.

The top piece when used as intended, for an amp head, doesn't block vents or knobs, it sits on two thin rails that are covered with cork to keep from scratching stuff or sliding around. The top piece is designed to hold an amp head level while the speaker cab is tilted back, not for a combo. If only I owned a half stack I'd be able to take a proper picture.

The Christmas stand will be out in about two months:) It will have mistletoe hanging off the front.

And yes Pecan is nice. Darin from Tonic Amps in San Fran has that one, this one is Butternut, as light as Balsa but strong as hell! Weighs far less than some of my smaller works

the gee-tar stand has 3/16 inch felt as padding and is quite sturdy and stable.

The top piece when used as intended, for an amp head, doesn't block vents or knobs, it sits on two thin rails that are covered with cork to keep from scratching stuff or sliding around. The top piece is designed to hold an amp head level while the speaker cab is tilted back, not for a combo. If only I owned a half stack I'd be able to take a proper picture.

The Christmas stand will be out in about two months:) It will have mistletoe hanging off the front.

And yes Pecan is nice. Darin from Tonic Amps in San Fran has that one, this one is Butternut, as light as Balsa but strong as hell! Weighs far less than some of my smaller works

umm...you missed the most relevant question.

umm...you missed the most relevant question.

yeah, that was on purpose because I know someone would yell the sky is falling and accuse me of selling stuff here. It's amazing that with an economy this bad there are so many people out there ready to beat their fellow man down. How about this...50% off for stein if he wants a stand, and 30% off for everyone else here for as long as I live:) It's my work, I can do with it what I want, right?

Just let me know:) Until then, I'm buildin amp stands:)

Josh

yeah, that was on purpose because I know someone would yell the sky is falling and accuse me of selling stuff here. It's amazing that with an economy this bad there are so many people out there ready to beat their fellow man down. How about this...50% off for stein if he wants a stand, and 30% off for everyone else here for as long as I live:) It's my work, I can do with it what I want, right?

Just let me know:) Until then, I'm buildin amp stands:)

Josh

Thats very kind (50% off) but the truth is, even if you offered me a free one, I would not take you up.

NOT because I don't like them, but because I have no use for one. I have come to respect your work very much, and I don't think it would be right to have someone put the effort into making something (and putting effort to do a good job) for something I actually couldn't use.

But, if I DID have a use for one, I would have called you already to at least inquire about it.

And that is coming from a guy that has the skills and knowledge (and tools) to build one myself.

Thats very kind (50% off) but the truth is, even if you offered me a free one, I would not take you up.

NOT because I don't like them, but because I have no use for one. I have come to respect your work very much, and I don't think it would be right to have someone put the effort into making something (and putting effort to do a good job) for something I actually couldn't use.

But, if I DID have a use for one, I would have called you already to at least inquire about it.

And that is coming from a guy that has the skills and knowledge (and tools) to build one myself.

Sounds good to me, I commend you on and thank you for your honesty and humility:) Tools rock! :) Please remember that I only put that out there at implied request:)

Sounds good to me, I commend you on and thank you for your honesty and humility:) Tools rock! :) Please remember that I only put that out there at implied request:)

Thank you, and please note that I also refrained in that I said I wouldn't take one, as opposed to having you make a free one for someone else instead who can use one and deserves it more than me (like DAMIAN)

Archived