Gibson Brands Forums

My amp stand

ChanMan

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest farnsbarns

Ah Man, what A nice amp! you shouldn't have a problem finding someone who wants it. Hope you are well Farnsbarns.

I'm good mate, thanks. How are you getting on? Got your php.ini sorted?

Keep doing good stuff!

I'm good mate, thanks. How are you getting on? Got your php.ini sorted?

Keep doing good stuff!

Yeah FB and Twitter are back on track now. Getting along well, parenthood is a bit of a marathon with two daughters to wrangle, but life is good and will likely get much better once we all pull out of this economic mess we are in. I hear the Euro economy is in a bit of a mess as well. Hope you are doing well, Keep in touch:)

Josh

Josh you have anything designed to hold one of the small head and cab separates like a Egnater Rebel or a Mesa Transatlantic and it's small cab? they sound great in small venues but they are a pain in the *** to work with being so low and with no angle? Can't imagine how it would work really but I'm guessing if anyone has thought of a way to do it, you would have.

Josh you have anything designed to hold one of the small head and cab separates like a Egnater Rebel or a Mesa Transatlantic and it's small cab? they sound great in small venues but they are a pain in the *** to work with being so low and with no angle? Can't imagine how it would work really but I'm guessing if anyone has thought of a way to do it, you would have.

See the photos on post 159 of this thread.

Josh has many "ready to go" designs Retro, but he really specializes in custom builds; Per client specs...Really amazing designs...I saw a stand designed just for

an amp head.....He can build you a stand with adjustable angles that holds both a Rebel Head and cab.......There's a direct link in my "signature"...........................

retro, yes sir, The petite stands are my favorite to build because when I get done and pick them up they are so light weight it makes me smitten:)

AMP TOWER!!! This is the rig that custom fits the post #159 stand

tobefiled102.jpg

I'm selling my Marshall half stack (tsl60 +1960a) to get something more crankable/portable. Anyone? Offers?

Bring it to Halifax and maybe we could do business! Seriously though someday I want a British made Marshall to plug my SG into. Maybe when I have a house to put it in.

It sure is a lovely looking bit of timber though.

yeah I agree, this one will be a blank stand, meaning it won't have any leather straps or hardware on it, just wood and glue start to finish this time, with a bit of brown analine water soluble wood dye to make the figuring pop. Says it's gonna match a brown dyed vibrolux custom curly maple 2x12 combo cab:) I can't wait to see the picture of his rig.

You could almost make Kimbabig's purple zebra amp stand using that kind of wood Josh!

Funny, I had the exact same thought when I took the picture last night. [thumbup] First a dark black dye and re-sand to blacken the zebra stripes but reveal the wood between them, then a little fuschia colored wood dye to turn all the rest that isn't a zebra stripe the final color and it would be a great match.

Funny, I had the exact same thought when I took the picture last night. [thumbup] First a dark black dye and re-sand to blacken the zebra stripes but reveal the wood between them, then a little fuschia colored wood dye to turn all the rest that isn't a zebra stripe the final color and it would be a great match.

That sounds like the "double stain" process Gibson sometimes uses....Interesting....

Where do you source your wood ??? That block of flame maple is really something.......

That sounds like the "double stain" process Gibson sometimes uses....Interesting....

Where do you source your wood ??? That block of flame maple is really something.......

yeah, it's very similar to how they do the figured guitars at Gibson, but I won't be doing any Nitro finishes, just a hand rubbed wax, which will still be quite deep and reflective.

I source most of my exotic wood from alpine design near asheville nc. great bunch of guys out there, they supply a lot of cabins and vacation getaways with unique and interesting furniture and such. very talented guys.

Guest Farnsburger

I can make it happen for you if you are serious, I know where to get more of it:) [thumbup]

I suppose I am, sort of. Just took a huge hit on a business deal gone south so maybe in the new year after I get past commercialmas, I mean Xmas. What sort of money are we talking about for, say a 2x12 size cabinet.

I suppose I am, sort of. Just took a huge hit on a business deal gone south so maybe in the new year after I get past commercialmas, I mean Xmas. What sort of money are we talking about for, say a 2x12 size cabinet.

PM me or email me please dimensions...I respectfully keep answers to commercial questions like yours off the forums.

Guest Farnsburger

PM me or email me please dimensions...I respectfully keep answers to commercial questions like yours off the forums.

Good shout! You fine and decent chap. I will work out some dimensions and PM you. Cheers!

Archived