Gibson Brands Forums

Acoustic bone question

WMcPhee89

I'm pretty sure that dog bones are not solid enough. Certainly not as thick and solid as beef or camel bones. On a side not, why are you asking? Did you lose a pet and want to hold on to a bit of them? That's actually a pretty cool idea lol. My dog died last summer and I was trying to convince the wife to get her stuffed like on Scrubs, but she wouldn't do it!

Ya my best bud is getting up there in age,

I'd like to hold onto him he's been good to me,

so I thought it would be a great way to hold onto him,

he loves when I play guitar, he lays at my feet till I'm done. Just seems fitting.

But like you thought , I wasn't sure if the bone was dense enough ...

Ya my best bud is getting up there in age,

I'd like to hold onto him he's been good to me,

so I thought it would be a great way to hold onto him,

he loves when I play guitar, he lays at my feet till I'm done. Just seems fitting.

But like you thought , I wasn't sure if the bone was dense enough ...

I think you need to write a song about your pal. You could sing it to him and you could play it whenever you wanted to remember him. Nice picture on the wall in the music room. Maybe you could get him a nice cow leg bone and let him chew it for a while then make some pins out of that? It's just nice that you think enough of him to want memories. Good all over you for that...

if he is so special to you.... i just couldn't imagine how you would get the bone. surely you couldn't cut it out yourself, and it would be tough to hand the boy over to someone else to tear him apart. i like the earlier suggestions. i love my dog, but i couldn't cut her up.

The intention would be to use his remains for something useful as a keep sake, AFTER his time on earth has passed, I would assume If a vet can creamate him, I'm sure they can get bone from him too,

Guess some pictures need to be painted with a thicker brush :)

Archived