Gibson Brands Forums

NEW CALTON CASE ARRIVED!!!!!

Acousticologist

After hearing and seeing that Calton Cases were quite possibly the best cases to tour with, - had my work cut out for me to find one of these beauties....

And here she is... Fit's like a glove, and feels as solid as a rock... The latches are very tight to open and close, which when I was excited and in a hurry to open was a problem, but on second thought, that's going to be areal good thing when the baggage handler is tossing it around..

She's still got that new smell, which when it mixed with the new Martin guitar smell, just about floored me and left me in a post coital daze....

Absolutely love it. Never felt a guitar fit so perfectly... Can't believe I've never owned a special case before..

Anyway - here are some pics... (PS: with this colour, I can never lose her)

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

On my wish list, I know many international performers who will carry their guitars in nothing else except maybe a "Moll" case, a similar design and build by custom luthier Bill Moll from Springfield, Missouri.

I search e-bay regularly hoping to find one I can afford to fit my L-5. My L-5 generally travels by truck or bus in a Calzone road case, but it is way too big and heavy to fly with. The Calton (or Moll) is the only way to go by air.

If you wouldn't mind, shoot me a PM and let me know where you got it and what you paid. I might hit the lottery next week.

After hearing and seeing that Calton Cases were quite possibly the best cases to tour with, - had my work cut out for me to find one of these beauties....

And here she is... Fit's like a glove, and feels as solid as a rock... The latches are very tight to open and close, which when I was excited and in a hurry to open was a problem, but on second thought, that's going to be areal good thing when the baggage handler is tossing it around..

She's still got that new smell, which when it mixed with the new Martin guitar smell, just about floored me and left me in a post coital daze....

Absolutely love it. Never felt a guitar fit so perfectly... Can't believe I've never owned a special case before..

Anyway - here are some pics... (PS: with this colour, I can never lose her)

I've had mine for a few years now & its awesome. Never worry about my guitars being checked-in as luggage in the Calton.

Mine's white also, but these days has that nice worn in look about it, with plenty of scuffs & scratches plus multiple stickers which make me look like a much more epxerienced player than I really am!

Are these thigns pricey ? Might be doing a gig in Paris in September and will need to take my SWD on a plane .. :unsure:

I can't remember how much I paid but it was expensive. Well worth it though.

In the UK the business is still run by its founder Keith Calton who is a lovely fellow. He sold the US franchise some years ago.

Give him a call on prices.

http://www.caltoncases.co.uk/index.html

Are these thigns pricey ?

Is the Pope Catholic? Does a Rabbi eat Kosher food?????

YES EuroAussie!!!! About $800 w/ out tax in the States or £500 if you go via the Keith in UK. Keith is doing one for my ES 125 with a six month delivery date!!!!!!!

[scared]

I can't remember how much I paid but it was expensive. Well worth it though.

In the UK the business is still run by its founder Keith Calton who is a lovely fellow. He sold the US franchise some years ago.

Give him a call on prices.

http://www.caltoncases.co.uk/index.html

Keith is a Gentleman and a one off!!! Had a three hour chat over a cuppa with him at his workshop...

[biggrin]

500 quid for a case? wowsers.......

Interestingly enough, I could see the loading bay for one of the main places where bigger bands play here in my city so I was quite accustomed to seeing the gear being loaded and unloaded and I've never seen anything like the Calton being unloaded from a truck by roadies for even the bigger names, plenty Gibson and Fender cases but never anything like a Calton.

Still, despite their gear seeing more action than most of ours would, they probably travel in a more protective environment generally speaking.

I don't have one but have some friends who do. Nobody I know who has one has ever expressed any regrets with getting it. I'm thinking of getting one since I'm probably going to be moving overseas in a year or so. I'm not taking all the guitars, but I'm thinking a Calton would be a good investment for the guitar I do take.

Gruhn Guitars in Nashville often carries them: http://www.gruhn.com/

Archived