Gibson Brands Forums

I think this is a fake Gibson on eBay, what do you think?

davidb1986

So there is a "emerald green" 2011 Gibson Les Paul Custom on eBay but it looks like a fake. I just doesn't look right, and I know they don't make emerald green Les Paul Customs. I haven't reported it yet, because I wanted to get more opinions and I am hoping some of the people who are employed by Gibson sees this. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2011-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-CUSTOM-1960-SERIES-GUITAR-/330567965557?pt=Guitar&hash=item4cf762db75

I can confirm it is not made by Gibson. There are at least 2 details that are easily conformable, and there are more that I am fairly certain of.

Graduation present, huh?

That's what he says. Should I tell him it's a fake and he needs to change the descriptions of the guitar, or should I go a head and report it on eBay?

That's what he says. Should I tell him it's a fake and he needs to change the descriptions of the guitar, or should I go a head and report it on eBay?

I might ask him a few questions like that just to see if you can see if he knows he is selling a fake. If it turns out he is lying about it report him for that.

If he knows it is a fake, and expects a buyer to know as well, keep in mind he has it listed as a Gibson.

Also, now you know it is a fake, and you therefore know he didn't buy it from a store or a Gibson dealer, so if he says he did, he is TRYING to lie directly.

You have to be fair that he may not know, and may not want to know, but also, if he is peddleing these things and decieving poeple, you do a service catching him and reporting facts so they might close his account.

Hey guys,

the fact that someone would spend alot of money on a custom shop job as a gift -especially when the cat doesn't play

who would????

second need pics better than posted, can't zoom -

need close up shots

It's possible this guitar is coming out of Hong Kong-****ing China

need better pics

Cheers, Mick from OZ!!!

Yet another fake . . . . . . and not even a good one - several red flags.

Served up with yet another sob story sales text that tries to suck you in and make it seem like it's a genuine Gibson.

Come on. This seller knows what he's got - - he listed for a hundred bucks with no reserve.

Junk. :rolleyes:

The ebay auction is removed.

I remember coming across a fake in a pawn shop here in town a few years back. It was a GIBSON LP Custom for only $300. The guy at the shop tried to claim it was actually an Epiphone out of Korea that was a limited run with the GIBSON logo on it instead of Epiphone.

He might have fooled me had he not said it was a limited run from the Korean Epiphone factory. That just sounded strange. I would have been more likely to believe there was a limited run of Epi's made in the Nashville Gibson USA factory, but I still would have checked his story before buying.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived