Gibson Brands Forums

New York or Los Angeles

heymisterk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both cities blow. LA is only a couple hours from at least starting to see the beautiful parts of this country. From here, takes a couple days to do that.

rct

I've have had the opportunity to spend extensive amounts of time in both these cities, and from a strictly music business and guitar playing perspective it would be New York for me.

New York is still the epicenter of the jazz world.

NYC all the way: walking, public transit, art, music, and four seasons.

L.A., you can keep your suburban sprawl, having to drive everywhere, and road gridlock. god, I hate driving.

I never went to NY but went last year in California and Nevada, perhaps for the weather I will say L.A. but for musical life perhaps NY is better I don't know.

how is the musical scene in NY?

I never went to NY but went last year in California and Nevada, perhaps for the weather I will say L.A. but for musical life perhaps NY is better I don't know.

how is the musical scene in NY?

It's great.....That's why dem00n lives there.......

NYC all the way: walking, public transit, art, music, and four seasons.

L.A., you can keep your suburban sprawl, having to drive everywhere, and road gridlock. god, I hate driving.

Public transit is huge + for NY. This is 80% of the reason NY wins over LA in my book. If you live in a city of 5 million+ people, you should not have to drive. Of the countless times I have been in the big apple, I have never operated a car within the city limits of NY. Ive had to drive both times Ive been to LA, and I hate city driving.

I love the landscape of Los Angeles, the proximity of Paso Robles - my favorite wine country, the sunshine, the ocean. I hate the traffic, the superficiality of Hollywood mentality, and the idea that I might die in a massive shifting of the earth.

I love the public transportation of NYC, all the little neighborhoods and boroughs, the great food joints, and the fact that really, you are in what I consider The City of the World. I hate the fact that a dingy one bedroom apartment in Brooklyn costs more than my three-bedroom house in Ohio.

Archived