Gibson Brands Forums

New York or Los Angeles

heymisterk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate big cities, but just because of the weather I would take LA...what does a 300 sq. ft apt go for in NYC now? Something like $2500.00 per month? Plus the $500.00 per month for a parking space.....

It is like choosing between a turd and a cesspool.

Public transit is huge + for NY. This is 80% of the reason NY wins over LA in my book. If you live in a city of 5 million+ people, you should not have to drive. Of the countless times I have been in the big apple, I have never operated a car within the city limits of NY. Ive had to drive both times Ive been to LA, and I hate city driving.

On your point about large populaces, I don't consider L.A. that large because it is one spread out urine puddle. Like if I said Chicago was the largest city in the States because I included Evanston, Skokie, & all of the Northshore, Arlington Heights, Oak Park, Forest Park, Oak Lawn, Berwyn, Des Plaines, etc.

On your point about large populaces, I don't consider L.A. that large because it is one spread out urine puddle. Like if I said Chicago was the largest city in the States because I included Evanston, Skokie, & all of the Northshore, Arlington Heights, Oak Park, Forest Park, Oak Lawn, Berwyn, Des Plaines, etc.

On that subject, why isn't Chicago an option? Why New York or LA?

You cant put Chicago up with the big leagues!

Excuse me? We are the Third Coast. The Second City. Not some nowhere, nohow place. The cultural beacon of the Midwest and Great Lakes. Our transit system is second only to NYC's. L.A. doesn't even have that.

Excuse me? We are the Third Coast. The Second City. Not some nowhere, nohow place. The cultural beacon of the Midwest and Great Lakes. Our transit system is second only to NYC's. L.A. doesn't even have that.

Alright, if you say so.

On that subject, why isn't Chicago an option? Why New York or LA?

Too hard if they include some of our best cities. NY and LA are like toddlers all cryin and snot noses 'n shite, always skwawkin about something. Chicago, Minneapolis, Boston, DC, HotLanta, NOLA, Austin!, San Fran, Puhonicks in there, NY & LA woulnd't have a chance and they know it!

I'm lucky because I live close enough to go to Philly, NY, Baltimore and DC whenever I want, and work has sent me to all of the great cities in this country. Too hard to pick, they each have some great things going for them.

rct

if LA is a urine puddle then Chicago is a big steaming pile. Except nobody cares about Chicago.

This ones easy for me.

The reason I still live in California, and would prefer LA is answered with one word - WEATHER!

I don't like snow, and I hate humidity. Both those are not a factor in LA.

New York every time I've lived in both hell I was born and raised in the LA area, New York is full of culture, interesting places to go, good restaurants, a thriving art and music community all mixed up into a great city with pride and a place in the history of America.

LA is just smoggy shithole and a failed social experiment full of Californians who think the state should do everything for them. A fake and useless place if there ever was one. I won't even go back to LA to visit family anymore. San Francisco and San Diego both are interesting cities the rest of California has nothing to offer anymore which is sad California is beautiful if it just wasn't full of Californians

Sorry Fuzzy Fred chicago is a lot better than LA but it's not even close to being NY get rid of all the stupid politicians and ridiculous laws and might live there again but doubtful. We sold the loft in Chicago and are currently finishing a place in Denver which has a much better downtown ambience.

New York every time I've lived in both hell I was born and raised in the LA area, New York is full of culture, interesting places to go, good restaurants, a thriving art and music community all mixed up into a great city with pride and a place in the history of America.

LA is just smoggy shithole and a failed social experiment full of Californians who think the state should do everything for them. A fake and useless place if there ever was one. I won't even go back to LA to visit family anymore. San Francisco and San Diego both are interesting cities the rest of California has nothing to offer anymore which is sad California is beautiful if it just wasn't full of Californians

Sorry Fred61 chicago is a lot better than LA but it's not even close to being NY get rid of all the stupid politicians and ridiculous laws and might live there again but doubtful. We sold the loft in Chicago and are currently finishing a place in Denver which has a much better downtown ambience.

Denver? Now we're talking. Take that any day of the week over any of these other cities

New York and Chicago both have stupid laws and even stupider politicians

In all seriousness though I would love to visit or live in NY or Chicago. I'm not sure I would deal with the cold weather too well though. I've been in the snow literally like twice in my entire life. I live in Orange County it doesn't even think about snowing here. Someone mentioned humidity... I can't stand high humidity. It feels gross.

I hate the whole blanket assumption that everyone from California is some blonde, tan, rich asshole talking on their cellphone in line at starbucks.. If you really believe that, you are an ***.

Neither NY or LA is for the faint of heart. They are both awesome, both in their own way, and both are so big you can disappear in the crowd, so you do get a certain level of privacy that those from small cities perhaps can not understand.

I was born and raised in LA, and it is true, you NEED a car. But, what is cool is you can easily drive 30 miles in twenty minute, the freeways are effortless, and, having your car with you all the time, you can also have your stuff. You can have guitars, amps, coats, shoes, stuff you can't easily bring on a subway. The weather is amazing, and while some like having 4 seasons, In LA you have 2 seasons: summer, and not so summer. Winter in LA doesn't exist.

On the east coast, life is different. My mother lived in Jersey, and I used to LOVE NY. I like how people are straight shooters, I like how poeple hold to their morals, I really dig the poeple. I like how everything is right there, not just close together, but how the different scenes are so easily accesable.

If I could get cheap rent, I would easily like to live in both places.

In all seriousness though I would love to visit or live in NY or Chicago. I'm not sure I would deal with the cold weather too well though. I've been in the snow literally like twice in my entire life. I live in Orange County it doesn't even think about snowing here. Someone mentioned humidity... I can't stand high humidity. It feels gross.

I hate the whole blanket assumption that everyone from California is some blonde, tan, rich asshole talking on their cellphone in line at starbucks.. If you really believe that, you are an ***.

When I move out to Colorado, you gotta visit me. All the seasons without the high humidity. I hate humidity.

I love snow though, so seriously though, you're gonna have to come visit [biggrin]

Nah, I think everyone from California spends way too much money on pedals

Archived