Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird Pro

brannon67

My first Gibson I got was a Hummingbird Pro, which I totally love, and fell inlove with the feel and tone when I played it at my local Guitar Center a month ago. I know Hummingbird purist gawk and sneer at the Pro, but I have to say I love that guitar. Anyone else dig it?

My first Gibson I got was a Hummingbird Pro, which I totally love, and fell inlove with the feel and tone when I played it at my local Guitar Center a month ago. I know Hummingbird purist gawk and sneer at the Pro, but I have to say I love that guitar. Anyone else dig it?

The Hummingbird Pro is a great guitar. It's just a shame that Gibson Marketing didn't give it it's own name.

I got one about a month ago. I love it, sounds and feels great. I also don't understand why it has the "Hummingbird" name and not its own name as it seems pretty different. Kinda confusing, but I didn't choose it for the name so no big deal.

Glad to hear you like yours!

Well, when I tried it out at the store, played it for about 30 mins, I did not know that it had the Hummingbird name attatched to it. I did not know what model it was, until I asked. I just enjoyed playing it, and I loved the tone and feel, so in all honesty, I did not care what name was on it. I knew it was Gibson, and I loved it, so I got it.

Well you realise the HB pro is based on the Songwriter shape, except being short scale ?

Never tried the Songwriter series. Heard great things about them. I want to try them out sometime, or I might not want to, Ha, may get into trouble again. Ha.

Archived