Gibson Brands Forums

I'm in London, England, need adress

Nic LP

Hi guys.

I'm in London for the week and I would like to know the what's the no.1 music store in the city, just to go and take a look. Thank you for your suggestions for the place where I can find the finest Les Paul, among others.

To Be Found In The Very Centre Of Town!

There is a very fine group of guitar shops in both Denmark Street and the Charing Cross Road which can be found at the East (and South) end of the intersection of Oxford Street and Tottenham Court Road.

Wunjo Guitars (Gentlemen from the top drawer) have a superb selection of stuff from mid-'60s Gibson 330's, an original '57 Blonde Esquire etc...to all sorts of modern things.

Macari's (two branches) has a gorgeous 'Hand-Selected' aged R9.....................

'Vintage and Rare' has a wonderful selection of, well, old (expensive) stuff!

Good luck hunting!

P.

Apart from Denmark street you have as follows

Wembley Guitar Centre

Unit 8 Metro Trading Centre

Fifth Way, Wembley, Middlesex HA9 0YJ

020 8795 4001

www.wembleyguitarcentre.com/

if your ok travelling a little further than london then I reccomend a visit to

Andertons

Guildford

http://www.andertons.co.uk/

Andertons Music

St Vincent House

59 Woodbridge Road

Guildford

Surrey GU1 4RF

in a couple of months we'll have GuitarGuitar opening up in Epsom (again on the outskirts of london)

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Watch out for that Digital Village crowd.

Their Europe wide lowest price guarantee is a myth, if you call them with Thomann.de's prices they will simply say , oh no, we can't match that, it's a mistake or the item which shows as in stock on their site suddenly isn't when the guy on the phone checks and they are never getting them in again!

In the end I bought the £350 item I was looking at for £100 less available for in store pick up or free delivery and they simply refused to match it despite having the words "Europe's lowest price, guaranteed" in large letters on the page displaying the product.

I took them to trading standards!

head over to denmark street over in covent gardens... just a small street filled with music shops and several Gibson dealers there as well as some vintage stores!

was there on the weekend to browse, i wouldent really suggest buying anything though prices are sky high!

Archived