Gibson Brands Forums

Nice SG CUSTOM!!

Kineman Karma

"Up Above My Head" at 1:45

Now I can see where Hendrix got his moves from.

Also at:

"Didn't it Rain" at 3:29

She's incredible! She had some serious chops.

That is one twangy SG! And the selector switch was in the middle position "Didnt it rain" during the solo. She switched it to treble after that.

"Up Above My Head" at 1:45

Now I can see where Hendrix got his moves from.

Also at:

"Didn't it Rain" at 3:29

She's incredible! She had some serious chops.

That is one twangy SG! And the selector switch was in the middle position "Didnt it rain" during the solo. She switched it to treble after that.

Bahh haa, good observations. I reckon Jimmy did take that move from her.

She seems to like the middle pup burnin on her solo's and the treble for her rythm so it cuts.. interesting.

She was supposedly one of the first to use the 'new' Gibson Les Paul Custom when it was released.

And man did she get some sweet tones out of that.

Would like to know what amp she was using

You will sometimes catch a glimpse of a Gibson amp with her. This one looks like an early 60's Discoverer that has the Gibson logo on the handle. Her main axe before the SG was a '52 Goldtop. After the SG she played a Barney Kessel. Dobros were another favorite of hers. I have no idea why Sister Rosetta was not a big star.

9a2c3496.jpg

The middle position of the selector switch activates the middle and bridge pickup together on those SGs (and on 3-pickup Les Pauls). Am I right? Nice guitar playing from the lady. :)

Stock the middle position on 60's SG customs is middle/front. I rewired mine to middle/bridge on my '65 custom. I find middle/bridge my favorite position on that guitar.

Archived