Gibson Brands Forums

New Gillian Welch cd on the way!

Gilliangirl

I tend to call CDs, Albums but that is just what they used to be.

I have the Tedeschi Trucks Band CD Revelator on pre-order now from itunes.

I got the With River CD and I think you would like it Karen.

Gill

The Harrow and the Harvest, due out on June 28th! It's about bloody time, Gil! Of course I'll be waiting for the doors to open at the record store on that day [biggrin]

Anyone else still call it the 'record store'? [scared]

Awesome!! Can't wait! In fact, I wonder if Acony will do a pre-order, where you get album download the day of release, while waiting for the CD to arrive.

(happy dance) \:D/

Awesome!! Can't wait! In fact, I wonder if Acony will do a pre-order, where you get album download the day of release, while waiting for the CD to arrive.

(happy dance) \:D/

Yes Anne, reportedly they are taking orders starting June 14th! I found this out from the GW Facebook page but it's probably on her website too.

I tend to call CDs, Albums but that is just what they used to be.

I have the Tedeschi Trucks Band CD Revelator on pre-order now from itunes.

I got the With River CD and I think you would like it Karen.

Gill

I tend to call cd's albums too. In fact I had to backspace that word and re-type CD in this thread! I have an order in at a local store here for that With River CD because I thought it sounded amazing! Good find Gill! [thumbup]

..... Anyone else still call it the 'record store'?

Ah yes. Your fave has a release looming on the horizon.

And about the "record store" - According to Nielsen Entertainment, vinyl record sales have been booming over the past four years. Article - http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9187001/Forget_digital_tunes_analog_music_on_the_upswing

I tend to use the term "music store". B)

Awaiting a 'letter' from a favorite artist, is always exiting. It can be disappointing, but if the music meets ones expectations or positively surprises, it's just so uplifting. Recall the big pleasure I had after listening to J. Mitchells Turbulent Indigo in the late 90ties. I really enjoyed that record without having to 'try'. And it has been that way a couple of times since.

Right now I have ordered the new Paul Simon release, produced by his old partner Phil Ramone.

When it arrives I'll dive into the headphones and take the deep trip.Whatever happens. . .

Good luck w. G.W.

The Harrow and the Harvest, due out on June 28th! It's about bloody time, Gil! Of course I'll be waiting for the doors to open at the record store on that day [biggrin]

Anyone else still call it the 'record store'? [scared]

What...did they change the name? [crying]

I remember private listening booths at the record store.

Well, I found this, with a video clip of one of the songs, Hard Times. Sounds great!

http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/5842112078/gillian-welch-details-harrow-the-harvest-lp

Thanks for posting up about the new release — definitely looking forward to it. Gillian and David make such great music together.

I had to laugh at myself watching/listening to that clip because I got pissed at all the people blabbering on in the background, just like I do at a real concert. What the hell people, why pay the money to go listen to music if you're not actually going to listen?!?! I would just blame this on me getting old, but I've always felt that way. "Old at heart" perhaps.

Well, I found this, with a video clip of one of the songs, Hard Times. Sounds great!

http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/5842112078/gillian-welch-details-harrow-the-harvest-lp

That's quite beautiful, Karen. Possibly the best Welch/Rawlings work I've heard to date. Hope the video is recent: if so, good to see that Rawlings has shed the beard!

Archived