Gibson Brands Forums

What's your favorite guitar tone?

Silenced Fred

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EVH Brown Sound, AC/DC Plexi crunch, Santana PRS into Mesa/Boogie, cranked AC15 with Les Paul, AC30 with Strat, cranked Fender Champ with Strat on bridge/middle position, Tele into Dr. Z, ya, I LIKE A LOT OF TONES!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Lifeson on Fly By Night, Carress of Steel, 2112 + many other older albums. His latest tone is good too, but you can't beat Classic RUSH.

Anything by Tom Scholz.

Anything by Brian May.

Anything by Steve Howe.

EVH.

Ronnie Montrose (first album)

Peter Frampton (Frampton Comes Alive)

I have a number of tones I love.

Clean on the verge of breaking up is a favorite. Add a Tubescreamer or similar overdrive pedal in front of that set so the tone gets a bit more saturated and it's the ideal distortion for bluesy lead stuff. Especially on the neck pickup. :)

For me, it's the clean channel on an amp with just a bit of breakup you can control with playing sensitivity.

what no fuzz? [rolleyes]

my current fave tone is my mxr fullbore metal (guitar tuned to low C) through the clean ch of my marshall ma100c tube...mids scooped [sneaky]

what no fuzz? [rolleyes]

my current fave tone is my mxr fullbore metal (guitar tuned to low C) through the clean ch of my marshall ma100c tube...mids scooped [sneaky]

No. If you listen to most of my stuff, it's the clean channel and the fuzz just gets used for effect, hence effect pedal lol

Yeah despite my fuzz addiction, most of my playing is Telecaster into ac30 cleanness.

And my fuzziness is never really heavy. I just like the way it sounds.

Yeah, it just depends, but most is clean

Btw, if I use the sound shank to push the swollen pickle, it goes fuuuuuuuuuuucking insane! The tones are out of this world

Archived