Gibson Brands Forums

A bit of pickin '

EuroAussie

Here's some HD footage from a gig last Monday, including some lovelly lead work and picking from our lead guitarist ... he's older than he looks by the way :-)

Comments and feedback always welcome of course.

We have more footage from that gig but Ill release it a little bit later.

cheers.

Here's some HD footage from a gig last Monday, including some lovelly lead work and picking from our lead guitarist ... he's older than he looks by the way :-)

Comments and feedback always welcome of course.

We have more footage from that gig but Ill release it a little bit later.

cheers.

Great performance......by the way do they serve BEER at this venue???

Thanks a lot BK, have to say it was one of our best gigs ever in terms of energy, sound and such a cool audience.

So glad we were able to capture it on film ..... wait till I relaese the Bon Jovi and Billy Idol clips .. ;-)

cheers !

HA!

Now that's a fun gig. You guys sound great.

Good Stuff! Enjoyed the clip (and that was some pretty solid rhythm going on as well). My hat is off to you (and anyone else who does the same) for performing in public.

Confession time: I love going to see live music and I can happily play for extended periods of time from the comfort of my couch, but the thought of playing live in front of an actual audience, as opposed to being in the audience, makes me very uncomfortable. I was offered the opportunity once to take part in a monthly show hosted by an employee of a local music store — they have a decent sized performance area separate from the store and they payed the artists for their time. I happened to be visiting this store frequently at the time to check out a guitar they had. I had to turn the offer down, but went to the show to see what it was all about. As I sat there, in the packed audience, I actually became somewhat nauseous at the thought of myself taking a turn up on stage amongst the talented performers in attendance. I did end up buying the guitar (now long gone), and was asked again about playing the show but never did accept the offer. I'm comfortable playing guitars in the store and don't mind people hearing me play in the background, but the thought of performing specifically for others to watch/listen will probably always be too overwhelming for me.

I truly admire those of you who have what it takes to get up there and play for others to enjoy.

Guth, thanks a lot for your kind words, I really appreciate it, especially given your great pickin' talents !

With the live performing, its a gradual process. We start in open mikes doing a couple songs where everyone is supportive, this lifted our confidence. Then we got our first full gig just as a duo in a small pub, where there were some 7 people present. Perfect. Allowed us to screw up, have fun with little pressure as I knew the pub owner. After that gig we were pumped, could have played for another 2 hours (which btw, was only some 6 months ago).

Then we moved onto bigger places, got tighter, more confident and now we play this venue which is a great one and also the Hard Rock cafe which is the biggest in Europe.

I have to say its quite addictive, in a good way.

Try an open mike Guth, you will suprise yourself, especially with your ability.

cheers.

Good Stuff! Enjoyed the clip (and that was some pretty solid rhythm going on as well). My hat is off to you (and anyone else who does the same) for performing in public.

Confession time: I love going to see live music and I can happily play for extended periods of time from the comfort of my couch, but the thought of playing live in front of an actual audience, as opposed to being in the audience, makes me very uncomfortable. I was offered the opportunity once to take part in a monthly show hosted by an employee of a local music store — they have a decent sized performance area separate from the store and they payed the artists for their time. I happened to be visiting this store frequently at the time to check out a guitar they had. I had to turn the offer down, but went to the show to see what it was all about. As I sat there, in the packed audience, I actually became somewhat nauseous at the thought of myself taking a turn up on stage amongst the talented performers in attendance. I did end up buying the guitar (now long gone), and was asked again about playing the show but never did accept the offer. I'm comfortable playing guitars in the store and don't mind people hearing me play in the background, but the thought of performing specifically for others to watch/listen will probably always be too overwhelming for me.

I truly admire those of you who have what it takes to get up there and play for others to enjoy.

Thanks a lot Meanstreak. Actually I dont know what camera it is. We were lucky as a photographer friend was at the venue and he brought a filmaker who brought her camera with her. She's been doing internatioal stuff in Tokyo and Paris and just did this for us, completely impro .... we owe her many beers !

I'm diggin it, what kind of camera did you use to record it? Was it just the camera's mic or did you use something seperate? And is that a sepia effect or just regular black and white?

Thanks a lot PM, yes, what a great way to spend a Monday night in Prague !

chees for your support, Ill post more stuff in time to come.

Cool clip EA, just seen it now. Looks and sounds like a good evening. msp_thumbup.gif

Cheers Larry, glad you enjoyed it, we certainly did !

Would love to get a clip in with the SJ, but I normally use it in the smaller venues. At this place the SWD is king.

But if I know we'll be filming again in the future Ill take the SJ with me for a couple tracks which need a more drier, tighter tone (e.g Jumpin Jack Flash, Blue on Black) and try to capture it.

Thanks a lot for your support as always !

Nice job! Looks as if you guys are having a ball! (as you should be!) The guitars sound great! Love that Gibby pounding out that rythymn! How 'bout a clip using that new SJ?!!!

Ha, ha ...thanks Spoton.... and will have to have a chat with the soundguy.

Actually after reviewing this clip we agreed that next time i will play the rhythm part a bit harder during the solo to hear more of the Gibby growl under the Furch jumbo that he was playing.

cheers !

EA great clip and looks like a great night mate...

One comment,.....tell the lead guitar player to turn down during his solo!!!! We can't hear that lovely Gibson!!!!

[biggrin]

Cheers Em7, glad you enjoyed it. Yes this track weve done many times and really enjoy performing it live. Gave me a good chance to test my new Boss chorus pedal for the arpgeggio picking bits.

Thanks for watching and commenting as always !

You guys rock - The moment where the fiery solo gives the torch back to the vox is goood . . .

Archived