Gibson Brands Forums

Hummingbird Custom Koa

DanvillRob

H-birdkoa20065.jpg

H-birdkoa20063.jpgAnd a few more pics from the drawer. . .

H-birdkoa20064.jpg

An impressing guitar - wonder how it sounds compared to the hog-bird -

Pretty close...but the one I bought has hummingbird inlay fret markers and tooled gold Grover tuners, (Mushroom style).

I liked the one like your pics show.....but since I saw the newer ones, it blew my socks off!

Pretty close...but the one I bought has hummingbird inlay fret markers and tooled gold Grover tuners, (Mushroom style).

I liked the one like your pics show.....but since I saw the newer ones, it blew my socks off!

Looking forward to see photos of yours. And to hear how it sounds, , , (as mentioned) compared to a straight Bird and to your Doves In Flight.

They'll make quite a pair -

Damn...you lucky man...I had to settle for a regular Hummingbird...I say "settle" as it's still a beautiful guitar, but that thing is bling central!!

Awesome.. [thumbup]

BV, you'd make a lot of guys envious with your H'Bird.... so 'settle' might be a misnomer.

I've wanted a 'Bird since I played one back in the mid-60's. We got one in the music store and I lusted after it for years!

At my age, I figured, what the heck..... I've waited long enough!

Looking forward to see photos of yours. And to hear how it sounds, , , (as mentioned) compared to a straight Bird and to your Doves In Flight.

They'll make quite a pair -

Yeah..... I told the guy at GC that if it didn't sound right, or play right, the deal was off....but I can't imagine it won't be exactly what I want. I'll get pics of of it as soon as I can.....I really want to hear the difference between the Maple DIF and the Koa H'Bird....should be interesting.

I got my old Dove set up and it playes go good I've only been playin' it lately.

I'm in the motor home down in Los Angeles now, and only have my Jubilee..... I miss the Dove and the DIF.

You got a deal on that one.... Nice HB Koa.... Congrats.

Not so sure about the deal..... they had it listed for $5350. I told them I needed it to come in at $4500.

GC said okay....so maybe I could have got it for less....but I didn't want 1000 people playin' it and scuffin' up the back..... so I moved quick on it.

I've been savin' for it, so I can just about pay cash... put the deposit on my "Preferred Player Card", said I'd come in next Friday and pay it off with cash.

Like I said, I'd rather buy used..... aged some, and if there is anything grossly wrong, it would have alrady surfaced...so I'm trusting Gibson on this one.

Sounds very bling - love it.

That is a lovelly looing guitar I must say. Im generally not keen on bling but this works for me. Koa is visually the most beautiful tone wood out there in my opinion.

Would LOVE to hear how it sounds, in the past when I played koa it was very bright, but these were Taylors, would love to hear how Koa and Gibson way of making guitars combine..

If the grand kids don't want it...you can always give it to me!!!!...lol

Wily, I've been amazed at what a great guitar the DIF is, so TOTALLY different from my Dove. If this 'Bird is close to the DIF, I'm going to be very happy with it.

Now that I've got the grandkids guitars taken care of, I need to talk to my son to get going on the grandkids part of the deal!

That is a lovelly looing guitar I must say. Im generally not keen on bling but this works for me. Koa is visually the most beautiful tone wood out there in my opinion.

Would LOVE to hear how it sounds, in the past when I played koa it was very bright, but these were Taylors, would love to hear how Koa and Gibson way of making guitars combine..

I'll let you know soon!

Archived