Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your 2005 Ebony SG standard

Kineman Karma

Hey all, I am interested to see how this particular year build of the great Ebony SG Standard has been performing out there in the big ol world, in particular how it has aged. So please post a pic of your 2005 Ebony SG Standard.

Don't be shy to comment on your thoughts of it's performance since you have owned it.

Here is mine to get the ball rolling [biggrin]

Nashville Plant, TN, USA

January 5th, 2005

Production Number: 66

Photo1869.jpg

Hey Larsson, Mate that is very nice.

Still in good shape by the looks and your bridge saddles look good...mine are worn and oxidised.

I also noticed that your left bevel almost touches the tip of your pickguard. Unlike mine, You have really good bevels "Horns" on that beast. I like!!

Thanks for posting. [thumbup]

thanks!

the picture is a bit old, maybe around 1 year or so...

i brought it used in 08' and it has a small chip on one of the horns so you can see the wood through it but this is only when you look really closly

also there are pick scrathes over the pickguard from when i was bad at guitar essentially...

heading over to the states again this summer so who knows what i will bring back now that my budget is much bigger than last ^^

thanks!

the picture is a bit old, maybe around 1 year or so...

i brought it used in 08' and it has a small chip on one of the horns so you can see the wood through it but this is only when you look really closly

also there are pick scrathes over the pickguard from when i was bad at guitar essentially...

heading over to the states again this summer so who knows what i will bring back now that my budget is much bigger than last ^^

Hey no probs, just a little story for ya... I played a gig today that was an outdoor festival and my G rig was my 05 Ebony SG Standard and my 2011 LP 60's tribute.

Funny you know that after the gig a lot of the audience of muso's where quick to tell me that they loved the SG because of it's 490r and 498t PUP combo.. but they had no clue about the LP with the exeption of some of the older guy's who loved the P-90 sound..

hee hee..

being 16 years old and rocking up to gigs with the equipment im blessed to have i get alot of comments...

when i crank my jcm2000 half stack with the SG i get a lot of nice comments from people watching, others just ask how the hell i afforded the guitar ^^

love the guitar, brought it in Tampa Guitar Center from a big called Big Al in 2008 used for $1000 (this was when they were $1500 new) and with the exchange rate being so good it came out to £500 for me which is half what i would have payed over here for a new one...

heading back over to the states this summer so see what goodies i can bring back with me... could it be a custom job :o maybe, the Malmsteen Strat is a huge temptation though :P

Archived