Gibson Brands Forums

Yo Yo Yo help a brother out?

Deadgrateful

Hey chaps and chapesses.

Been a while since I've posted in this neck of the woods, but I've a favour to ask (don't worry, not a big one).

I'm releasing a little song locally and am trying to get some local air time. A magazine runs a chart and if I get top ten I'll get played next Tuesday. Could you just have a quick listen, there's no voting or anything, it's just done on total play number.

Here's the link: Riding Girl

I'll be happy to return the favour for anyone here!!!

EDIT: I'm such a ******!! Link should be working now :-)

Guest FarnsBarns

Hey chaps and chapesses.

Been a while since I've posted in this neck of the woods, but I've a favour to ask (don't worry, not a big one).

I'm releasing a little song locally and am trying to get some local air time. A magazine runs a chart and if I get top ten I'll get played next Tuesday. Could you just have a quick listen, there's no voting or anything, it's just done on total play number.

Here's the link: Riding Girl

I'll be happy to return the favour for anyone here!!!

No link!

Guest FarnsBarns

Arrgh! You got me in a dilemma now. One of my closest friends from a band I was in 15 years ago and with whom I still collaborate is in direct competition with you! I wondered if it might be Latest 7 when I read your OP.

Do you know of The Wolfgirl Liberation? He's number one and number two at the moment with 2 different tracks. I believe he's in the chart most weeks.

Guest FarnsBarns

It's a small world! But you could give us both a listen :-) I like his stuff a lot, very different from what I'm doing. So are you Brighton based?

I did give you both a listen, then I gave him another one! Sorry fella, gotta be loyal to my friend, even though he doesn't play guitar and you do, and your a Gibson man, arrgh! OK, OK, he's been in that chart most weeks for several years now, I'll bung you a listen from each of my browsers!

I am not Brighton based but it was my regular haunt in the mid 90's to about 2000. When that band (Black Mountain Rain) existed we were all based in the Oxted area (I grew up in the country side just out side Lingfield) and we met in the later years of school.

I'm now in Purley Oaks near Croydon - yeah I know, everyone likes to slag off Croydon, it has some downsides and some ups. Actually last few times I've been to Brighton I've been amazed how many track suits and white Rebok Classics there were around, looks more like Croydon than Croydon!

Do the illegal parties still happen in the hills around New Haven?

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Just had a chat with The Wolfgirl Liberation and he had already listened to your track. It caught his eye just because of the word girl. He liked it too!

Awesome, tell him I really like his stuff and good luck with the music! I struggle with the scene here in Brighton sometimes. It seems to be full of eager kids, but lacks and real substance :-( Hopefully that'll change soon enough though. I've heard some cracking bands recently out in the sticks in Sussex though!

Archived