Gibson Brands Forums

Gotta love the Acoustic section

BoyVader

Kinda like adult swim . . . . . no kids allowed. [flapper]

ROFL!

OMG, thanks for the visual. I now have an image in my head of a bunch of seniors wearing pool noodles around their middles, floating in the deep water tank doing aquasize! I'm the one with the red full-piece bathing suit with big white flowers all over it haha!

I was listening to the radio the other day and they played some Pearl Jam, some Soundgarden and a few other favorites of mine in a row. I'm sitting there thinking how much I love this station when as they are going to commercial it says "103.7FM, Houston's adult alternative" lol ya as much as I hate to admit it, I guess I'm getting old (34....)

I was listening to the radio the other day and they played some Pearl Jam, some Soundgarden and a few other favorites of mine in a row. I'm sitting there thinking how much I love this station when as they are going to commercial it says "103.7FM, Houston's adult alternative" lol ya as much as I hate to admit it, I guess I'm getting old (34....)

I have a pair of hiking boots older than you. Seriously. I'll even post a pic if you like. [flapper]

I suspect that most of us would pass the drug screening these days, unless they were testing for residual alcohol derived from grapes. If this were 1970, however, it would be a different story, at least for those of us on the far side of 60.

I'm sure, however, that there are no residual effects from our youthful indiscretions, other than an irrational appreciation of chocolate brownies, and an obsession with listening to music from that period. [tongue]

If you follow any other parts of the Gibson forum, you will quickly discover that the acoustic section has about 10 times the postings of any other. Maybe we're just more opinionated. Or willing to shoot from the hip.....

Yup, I'm sure glad I found this place; as far as electrics go, I play teles and strats, but my J45 and AJ are my acoustics (OK, I've also got a Martin HD28V :rolleyes: ) Lots of useful info here that you can't find on other acoustic forums. I've found a lot of dislike for Gibsons, for whatever reason, especially on one forum,that I won't mention. At least the guys and gals on the UMGF don't seem to have a burr up their butts for Gibby's.

Yup, I'm sure glad I found this place; as far as electrics go, I play teles and strats, but my J45 and AJ are my acoustics (OK, I've also got a Martin HD28V :rolleyes: ) Lots of useful info here that you can't find on other acoustic forums. I've found a lot of dislike for Gibsons, for whatever reason, especially on one forum,that I won't mention. At least the guys and gals on the UMGF don't seem to have a burr up their butts for Gibby's.

We do, however, have a burr up our butts about:

1) bad performances of great songs by professionals (amateurs who are willing to put their performances in front of people are encouraged, however)

2) fake Gibsons sold as real Gibsons

3) anyone who trashes ALL Gibsons (we all have guitars we don't like, including some Gibsons)

Most of us have guitars of multiple brands and types. Only half my guitars are Gibsons, and I have a couple from that company in Nazareth. None of those Taylorie thingies, however. No sensitive New Age metrosexual guitars......

There's a certain myth going around that only old guys play acoustic, well as I hear from fellow members thats not true. The interesting thing is that most of us play electric as well anyway. I have on occasion strayed into 'other sections' but have rarely got a reply that was useful or worth pursuing.

I do put up threads on this site on any subject, not strictly correct I know but I know I'll get a sensible and informative answer. Another thing about this site is we have an international membership, it's nice to hear comment from across the world. Thank you for your congenial friendship guys.

I'm 25 and actually only care for acoustics.

Then again I've never played a electric Gibbo...

Then, my friend, you are missing out on a whole world out there. I didn't pick up an electric until I was past 60 but they are a lot of fun, even if they do weigh a ton. Gibson makes some very, very good ones. Think "ES 335", just for starters......

Yeah, old guys play acoustics. But old guys play electrics, too. Eric and Keef ain't exactly spring chickens. The irony is that when they pick up acoustics--which they do--the STILL sound like Eric and Keef.

I have a pair of hiking boots older than you. Seriously. I'll even post a pic if you like. [flapper]

lol ya i'd like to see em' and the funny part is I still have my first pair of Doc Martens I got when I was 15. They're a bit beat up but still look great for their age. The wife always tells me to throw them out but I tell her no way I've had these longer than I've had her!

I still wear them to every concert I go to where I'll be standing in the crowd as they are great feet protection when getting stomped on!

Archived