Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting guitar design #9

onewilyfool

I'm not a BIG fan of bling (I know, I know..I had a J-30 Firebird...lol)However this bridge has an understated elegance that is very attractive to me. I believe the Builder is called Petros....but the real thing I wanted to point out is the oversized saddle!!! I actually played a few of his guitars at the Healdsburg festival, and they sound very good (they should at his prices!!!) so I'm assuming that there is no loss in tone or volume due to the thicker saddle. That being said, I really like the "idea" of the thicker saddle because the intonation can be dialed in very exactly...anyway...presented for your thinking pleasure!!!

IMG_1290.jpg

Not quite sure about the saddle. It's not real clear what the break point for each string really is. Looks like it migrates from the back of the saddle to the front from the low E to the G, to the back for the B, and back forward for the high E. On the plus side, there is plenty of room to carve the saddle to suit, but that seems like a lot of work to get the intonation right.

Interesting....

Archived