Gibson Brands Forums

Resonator Guitars?

BoyVader

Thanks fir the PM Farnsbarns....that Kirk Lorange vid was very enjoyable...

BluesKing...I love watching you play...as I said before, you have such a nice relaxed style..

Not sure about the Ferrari hat though.. [biggrin]

Thanks very much BV.

As for the hat see my reply to the the thread "Could a Tonerite change your least fav guitar to your most fav guitar? "

BluesKing777.

• 1 year later...

fyi for anyone out there on the hunt for a good reso /short money, the Center for Guitar whose name shall not be mentioned (no connection) has a used grey Delphi f/s today in Houston. PS Wayne --that's a Dueco model= frosted finish on a NRP (aka Duolian) chassis.

Anyone know what kind of National this is? Model, type, design etc

It may be an old duolian since the f holes have rolled edges or a new reissue . National have done a couple of runs with the deuco (duco) finish. I have seen gold silver and I think I remember a greenish finish (maybe). the NRP line has flat f holes but was available with this finish for a while with an improved application method so the cool finish won't wear off.

http://www.folkwaymusic.com/new-instruments/national-resophonic-guitars/dueco-guitar/

Since you guys are talking resos, I used to wonder just how the Kinks got that intro sound on "Lola" and it wasn't until decades later that it came to me...duh! I also like the Kinks "Apeman" and that reso sound not using a slide. So it works for rock and roll too. Anyone know what brand and model Ray Davies used to play on those songs? I can't make out the logo on any of the youtube postings.

Archived