Gibson Brands Forums

Who speaks with there guitar the best?

ne14t?

Wow lots of good content posted while I was away. And Fred if anyone were to diss Stach I would have to tell them they are musically inept, I mean look at what became of his students, Steve Vai and Kirk Hammet...well sometimes I wonder with Kirk, but ZOMG Steve Vai is pretty damn good.

Its polar opposite of most of the stuff posted so far, but I have a secret love for classical guitar as well. These guys are probably the fathers of what we know for guitar music today, I still dont fully understand how some of them picked up a guitar upwards of 300 years ago and created some of this music, but its all very emotional and soul filled. If I had the talent I would try to learn how to play it but when it comes to finger picking the only kind I am good at involves my nose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efHwnFAkuA

I listen to a lot of this in my office when I am doing paperwork or data entry

Its polar opposite of most of the stuff posted so far, but I have a secret love for classical guitar as well. These guys are probably the fathers of what we know for guitar music today, I still dont fully understand how some of them picked up a guitar upwards of 300 years ago and created some of this music, but its all very emotional and soul filled. If I had the talent I would try to learn how to play it but when it comes to finger picking the only kind I am good at involves my nose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efHwnFAkuA

I listen to a lot of this in my office when I am doing paperwork or data entry

my one and only guitar teacher from the late 90's (kenneth wood) was a classical player, he played and tought all styles but classical was his first love. he had a huge collection of acoustics and electrics that i was in awe of, he sold me a strat...a deluxe model with lace sensor pups, he had a james burton tele in black with maple neck and lace sensors that i craved! but he wouldn't part with it.

classical guitar players have my upmost respect...even though i prefer shred metal [biggrin]

Walter Trout. He may be a fast blues player, but so was Gary Moore. Thats what I like about those two. Walter even moves his mouth while doing volume swells! All of that amazing guitar with NO PEDALS!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a beat up 73' Strat and a 90s Mesa/Boogie Mark IV. And Alex Lifeson! Listen to ALL the parts of 2112 or La Villa Strangiato or the solo in Limelight or the brakedown parts in Free Will or his solo in Working Man or his workings in Something For Nothing and you'll know what I am talkin' bout'!

Wow lots of good content posted while I was away. And Fred if anyone were to diss Stach I would have to tell them they are musically inept, I mean look at what became of his students, Steve Vai and Kirk Hammet...well sometimes I wonder with Kirk, but ZOMG Steve Vai is pretty damn good.

Anyone who disses any of the suggestions here so far would have to have a hole in their soul.

Warren Haynes,

Garry Richrath ( from REO very under rated),

Peter Frampton as he speaks well without the talk box,

Stevie Ray Vaughn,

Tommy Shaw

Robin Trower

Pat Travers

David Gilmore for sure!

Steve Howe

Alex Lifeson

Ace Frehley

Garry Rossington

Ed King

Allen Collins

Steve Gaines

Ricky Medlocke

To name a few....

Les Paul, Chet Atkins, BB King, Albert King, Freddy King, George Harrison, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimi Hendrix, Richie Blackmore...and all the other's, already mentioned.

I can speak, with my guitar, too...but, unfortunately...it's with a very limited vocabulary! :>)

CB

Archived