Gibson Brands Forums

An annoying choice

Leasey

Hi, I'm new to this forum so yes, I'm Alex and I'm an alcoholic. Oh, wait..

Anyway, I have a choice to make at the moment. I'm currently playing an Epiphone Les Paul Studio, about three years old and it's in pretty decent condition, apart from a few dents from when my soft case strap broke and the guitar went splat... The Treble pickup also sometimes emits very little sound, probably because the volume pot isn't stuck on right... Also my guitar decides to magically detune down, especially the E - G strings (high E, not low E).

Anyway, I was thinking the other day about going out and nabbing the new '60 Tribute, with the P90's and the awesomeness which costs about $1,400 back here in Australia. The problem is, I can't buy it off the internet which means I'd have to call my dealers and find out if they have the particular guitar in stock which could mean a loooooooooooot of stress.

Basically my question is; Is it worth going out and buying the Gibson, which would be a good upgrade from what I've got at the moment (the Epiphone), or should I wait a little longer for depreciation to hit or whatever else happens. Or should I look at a totally different guitar?

Replies would be helpful, cheers guys :)

If you've got your heart set on the '60's Tribute, go for it. If you have the money, now is the time. There are plenty of reputable Gibson dealers that will not do you wrong. Two that come to mind are First Quality Music and Sweetwater.

Good luck with your guitar shopping.

Why does calling your local dealer and asking if the guitar is in stock possibly cause u a load of stress?

The best thing to do is call in and try out different guitars. The Gibson tribute will be a massive up grade to what your using but there is no substitute for trying and examining before u buy.

G'day Leasey, Welcome to the forum!! Mate if you are in Adelaide, PM me because I know where there is a Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute Cherry Sunburst hanging on the wall right now.

It was there when I was at the store today at about 4pm.

Don't miss this opportunity dude, you will not regret it [thumbup]

Hi Alex, welcome to the forum. How long has it been since your last drink??

Actually the $US is down on the int. market right now, so if you got the cash, it's not a bad time to invest in a Gibby. Definitely an upgrade from a Epi Studio!! cheers

Archived