Gibson Brands Forums

Could a Tonerite change your least fav guitar to your most fav guitar?

Gilliangirl

Haha! I just wanted to get y'all going! [flapper]

(credit due to Passthej45 for this little gem of an idea!)

Ok..sure, if I was to put a toneright on my LEAST favorite guitar, I am certain I would get some improvement. But the problem is when I take it off and play it, I am right back to the same crap again.

But...then again, that describes my slide playing.

What is REALLY needed is a devise that doesn't attached to the guitar to make it sound better, but one that we could attach to us to make US sound better.

And, on a brighter note, there are such things.

FRIED CHICKEN

PIE

THE BLUES BROTHERS MOVIE.

The SOUND OF HAPPY PEOPLE,

and GOD.

Ok..sure, if I was to put a toneright on my LEAST favorite guitar, I am certain I would get some improvement. But the problem is when I take it off and play it, I am right back to the same crap again.

But...then again, that describes my slide playing.

What is REALLY needed is a devise that doesn't attached to the guitar to make it sound better, but one that we could attach to us to make US sound better.

And, on a brighter note, there are such things.

FRIED CHICKEN

PIE

THE BLUES BROTHERS MOVIE.

The SOUND OF HAPPY PEOPLE,

and GOD.

I like your list (well, except for the chicken part). I suppose a person could attach a Tonerite to themselves, but the results of that test might be better discussed on another type of forum [biggrin]

GK , I never knew you had it in you(sorry, sorry , sorry, inappropriate....I mean you brought it up..SORRY, SORRY....I'll stop NOW) [unsure]

btw I've heard that Euroaussie likes fried chicken but only if he can use a J165 or J185 as a plate to eat it on!

Isn't a tonerite kind of like a vibrator for your guitar. You are supposed to let them vibrate your strings to simulate playing them and it kind of opens up the grain a little for better sound?

Will that really work?

Ha, ha .... yes something like that. But it all depends what you do with it ..

Isn't a tonerite kind of like a vibrator for your guitar. You are supposed to let them vibrate your strings to simulate playing them and it kind of opens up the grain a little for better sound?

Will that really work?

I feel like ToneRite did great things for my J-185. It was always a little tight and has become a beast. When I bought the TR I had the J-185 in mind. I love the sound of my other guitars so I haven't used it on any of them for more than 72 hours, the J-185 was left for a week on low.

Ok, peace brothers & sisters, found a J-185 that sounds divine ... ok, its rosewood but still a J-185. Great tone, and they always looked great.

Wait . . . . . .

Holy smokes.

It's a major conversion. B)

Perhaps a divine intervention can do that, however I'd suggest to send a tonerite and a 185 to EA and see what happens.

Yes - it really does work!

I wear the Tonerite under my hat.

I have it set on low when I play in standard tuning and I get a very nice vibrato.

But - when I play slide guitar I likes to have it flat sticks and it gives me the sh-sh-sh-shakes real good.

And all my guitars have improved at the same time, and all of my dreams have come true after sending $100 to that radio station in California.

BluesKing777.

P.S. You can connect it to the toner cartridge in your printer to improve the colour of your prints.

Ok, peace brothers & sisters, found a J-185 that sounds divine ... ok, its rosewood but still a J-185. Great tone, and they always looked great.

Wait . . . . . .

Holy smokes.

It's a major conversion. B)

No, it's a minor inversion. That looks like a slightly odd-shaped, short-scale SWD, which is arguably what it is. Love the 185 body, don't love the cutaway. Sounds mighty fine, though, but does it sound like a 185?

Archived