Gibson Brands Forums

Bigsby B700 for Les Paul Studio Deluxe

ajzwart

I'm thinkin about adding a bigsby B700 to my les Paul! Are there any other tremolo's I should be looking at as well?

Depends on what you want to use it for. Personally, I'd go with the bigsby... Just make sure you buy the right bigsby. Some are designed for guitars with flat tops, some are designed for les paul style guitars.

Depends on what you want to use it for. Personally, I'd go with the bigsby... Just make sure you buy the right bigsby. Some are designed for guitars with flat tops, some are designed for les paul style guitars.

The Les Paul's one is the B70 Model, you would also need a Vibramate V7 if you don't wanna drill the body and be able to go back...

The Les Paul's one is the B70 Model, you would also need a Vibramate V7 if you don't wanna drill the body and be able to go back...

The Vibramate V7 will not work with the B70. It specifically says so on their site. Site It only works with the original B7 model which is quite a bit more expensive than the B70 or B700.

If you don't want to drill, I concur with the B7 and Vibramate. I have one installed on my Agile AL-3000M neckthru (LP clone). It will add about 1 1/2 lbs though. I got mine for $160 shipped. If you do go with a Bigsby, I recommend a Wilkinson roller bridge. The angle from the top of the saddles, particularly the high E and B, to the bottom of the front roller on the Bigsby will cause the string to hit the back of the bridge. This will cause the strings to go out of tune. The Les Paul pictured above has one on it.

I had a Stetsbar and wouldn't go that route again. It was a major sustain sucker for me, not to mention expensive.

Archived