Gibson Brands Forums

Music

I'm growing tired of listening to commercials and the same music over and over on John Boy and Billy. Anyone have any decent internet radio stations I can tap into? I'm getting out of metal and grunge these days and more into americana/jazz/rock/alt.

Roll with the changes!

BTW this forum is full of a great bunch of guys, thanks in advance for a good radio station. No pandora please, it always turns off after an hour.

Josh

Roll with the changes!

Indeed, REO is good, I could listen to that song all day.

BTW this forum is full of a great bunch of guys, thanks in advance for a good radio station. No pandora please, it always turns off after an hour.

Josh

I haven't turned the radio ON in ten years at least, I don't think my car has ever had the radio stations even programmed, it's a 2003. I can not help you.

rct

Yeah if I'm on the radio here it's 89.9 Hal FM (Classic rock) but for the most part it's the 7 or 8 gigs of cds from my collection stored digitally on my Nexus S. Sorry dude, when I did search internet radio stations I always started with looking for the blues ones.

I guess you could say I pretty much quit listening to the radio in the early 1960s. As soon as I got tapes of stuff I wanted, that swapped out for my turntable. Now it's stuff on the computer/phone.

The disadvantage to not listening to radio/tv music is that you don't "keep up;" the advantage to your own recorded collection of whatever sort is that it's easier to learn songs you already like or wanna play...

I think sometimes that after a certain "gush" in youth, there's a tendency to listen to recordings you already know something about and like. From the 1960s on, I've had a bad habit of listening mostly to stuff I already know about or stuff I'm being paid to do...

m

NOOO grooveshark is bad, at least from personal experiences.

Oh wow, what kind of problems have you had with it? I use it a lot at work and it has done the trick, though sometimes it stops working as if the connection has timed out.

Ah I can't listen to the Edge...everything sounds like 3 Days Grace. And thats not a good thing....to me.

Really? Maybe you listen at different times but usually it's stuff like Silversun Pickups, Foo Fighters, Franz Ferdinand etc. when I tune in.

Really? Maybe you listen at different times but usually it's stuff like Silversun Pickups, Foo Fighters, Franz Ferdinand etc. when I tune in.

Well truth be told, I don't listen to the Edge at all anymore...it was my high school station and then i moved to Q107 Classic Rock. And i only listen to the radio on the drive in anyway...

Dean Blundell is the worst morning guy ever...

Well truth be told, I don't listen to the Edge at all anymore...it was my high school station and then i moved to Q107 Classic Rock. And i only listen to the radio on the drive in anyway...

Dean Blundell is the worst morning guy ever...

I don't listen to that guy he is a complete ***, the main reason I don't like him was that he was a ******bag to Dallas Green. He got what was coming to him though. Wow a.ss is censored on here.

I don't listen to that guy he is a complete ***, the main reason I don't like him was that he was a ******bag to Dallas Green. He got what was coming to him though.

Ha! He's a ******bag to everyone!! And he's got an incredibly childish sense of humour....he's mentally about 7 years old.

Archived