Gibson Brands Forums

I broke my string again

jackvegas

Hello everyone.

First of all steinberger synapse is my favourite guitar, this is the best guitar that I ever hold in my hands.

But... I've got problem with bending on the high E string

I was buing synapse in december and after month of playing I broke my high e string during bending this string.

I've changed the set of strings and it was breaking again after bend.

And It repeated one more time again.

I don't want to sell it just because of that case.

And I do not even know the replacement for my synapse.

But I do not know what else to do.

Please help me with this problem.

Thank you.

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Do they all break at the same spot? Tail, saddle nut? I willing to guess saddle, this is the most common problem area, haveing the saddle checked out and probably some burr removed by a tech will be very cheap, if that is the problem.

Hello everyone.

First of all steinberger synapse is my favourite guitar, this is the best guitar that I ever hold in my hands.

But... I've got problem with bending on the high E string

I was buing synapse in december and after month of playing I broke my high e string during bending this string.

I've changed the set of strings and it was breaking again after bend.

And It repeated one more time again.

I don't want to sell it just because of that case.

And I do not even know the replacement for my synapse.

But I do not know what else to do.

Please help me with this problem.

Thank you.

As stated in the other reply, something is cutting the string, they don't just break. But I have had a batch of defective E strings that did just break so try another brand if you cannot find what is cutting them.

Do they all break at the same spot? Tail, saddle nut? I willing to guess saddle, this is the most common problem area, haveing the saddle checked out and probably some burr removed by a tech will be very cheap, if that is the problem.

Yes. All of e strings break at the same spot in the head of the neck. All of them break near string's ball.

Thank you all

I believe that the first set of strings that came with my synapse was GHS

Next was Alice strings

I am not familiar with Alice strings. The reason I asked is that I got a batch of GHS double ball that were defective and all broke near the ball on the nut end.

We are talking about double ball strings, right?

I am not familiar with Alice strings. The reason I asked is that I got a batch of GHS double ball that were defective and all broke near the ball on the nut end.

We are talking about double ball strings, right?

Yes, that is right. Only double ball set.

Now I'm thinking that using regular single ball will solve my problem.

I have searched for some sharp corners that could break a string, but I found nothing.

Who have ever tried to use single ball strings set for steinberger? Does it provide tuning stability?

Thank you.

Archived