Gibson Brands Forums

Happy birthday Les

ol fred

I was doing a little googling earlier today and saw the guitar doodles and thought it was a nice tribute to Les. One of my great regrets in life was to have never seen Les perform live, although I have a nice collection of albums, CDs and DVDs of his music. The summer that he died, I was harvesting one helluva crop of wheat that was increasing in value each day and I told my wife that we were going to use the extra income from the crop and go to NYC and the Iridium and see the great man perform before he died. I had regretted never seeing Chet Atkins play live before his death and wasn't going to miss a chance to see Les. And then right in the middle of harvest I hear the radio announcement that Les had passed...........I was in shock for days.

So I decided that I would do whatever I needed to do to see Tommy Emmanuel, the last member of the guitar trinity IMHO, play live before I missed any chance to see him.......................so on Tuesday the 14th my wife and I will be spending the evening of our 31st wedding anniversary sitting down front enjoying the virtuosity of the "the CGP Guitar Wizard from Oz"!!!!

Happy Birthday Les, God Bless Chet, and Godspeed to Tommy on June 14th @ The Bing!!!

Archived