Gibson Brands Forums

les paul 60's tribute, does anyone else have on thats this "worn"?

tomobloke

i received my 60's tribute last week after 5 months of waiting and i have to say i love it! p90's sound awesome and it plays really well! but i was surprised when i got it out the box at how worn it actually was!

i've seen lots of them online and i've not seen another like it? any one else had one like this?

photo-1.jpg

photo-2.jpg

Just got mine today and no, mine doesn't have anything remotely as worn as yours. It has a satin finish with a shadow paint in area's. That's about it though. Love it since playing....tone plugged in and out is AMAZING!

yeah they sure do! never had p90's before, definitely don't think it'll be the last guitar i own with them in!

Very true, finding GT Tributes are really hard to find. Lucked out and found mine last saturday at Music Zoo. Was on a waiting list from MF and they were saying 6/25....but I got information from Sweetwater and they said all the big box music stores would get theirs at the same time and now they are talking late August or September. I had a GT Deluxe I bought new in 1977 (sold it in 1987)and this little trbute with P-90's can hang with that bad boy easily! [thumbup]

i received my 60's tribute last week after 5 months of waiting and i have to say i love it! p90's sound awesome and it plays really well! but i was surprised when i got it out the box at how worn it actually was!

i've seen lots of them online and i've not seen another like it? any one else had one like this?

Not my own, but I was at sam ash the other day and they had one in honeyburst with about the same level of faux arm-wear as yours. Maybe as more are being made, they are being told to make the worn spots more noticeable?

I've also heard that some of the goldtops have a greenish tinge to them, ostensibly to mimic the oxidation of the metallic flecks that went into the gold paint of the originals. Does yours have any of that?

0c6895d6.jpg

I returned mine. I was disappointed with the worn area. It looked too fake. Like 'I'd' taken a sander to it.

They said they'd be having some in, in August. I wasn't prepared to wait that long.

I must add that the sustain was great and it was in tune! The action was too high (including the nut).

The search goes on.

Not my own, but I was at sam ash the other day and they had one in honeyburst with about the same level of faux arm-wear as yours. Maybe as more are being made, they are being told to make the worn spots more noticeable?

I've also heard that some of the goldtops have a greenish tinge to them, ostensibly to mimic the oxidation of the metallic flecks that went into the gold paint of the originals. Does yours have any of that?

maybe thats true? it was just really unexpected when i took it out of its gig bag! but hey its a great player so i think im definitely going to keep it.

and no theres no tinge to it its just the worn spot.

maybe thats true? it was just really unexpected when i took it out of its gig bag! but hey its a great player so i think im definitely going to keep it.

and no theres no tinge to it its just the worn spot.

G'day Tomo, Mate there is a for and against.

I personally would of had them send it back because I like mine in the appearence I got mine..minimal wear.

Although look at it this way, maybe yours is 1 of 30 for example that got done on the line then stopped because it was too radically worn. That in my opinion would make it a rare unusual piece.

I wonder?

If they're going to be that "worn," it needs to be dirtier! Go put some

sweat and dirt in that rubbed spot...by playing the Hell out of it! It's too clean looking,

now. And, this winter, leave it in the car, then bring it inside your house, out

of the case, and let the sudden temperature change, do the finish "check!" It will look amazing.

Hey...if it's going to be "worn," then it needs to be done right! [thumbup]

(See a "Murphy Aged," R-6, for examples) [biggrin]

normal_The_Mutt_2007_043.jpg

57, with "aged" finish and arm rest wear, and greenish tint:

MurphyUltraaged57LPPicture018.jpg

CB

Mine has a bit of greenish tinge to it. At first I thought it may be too thin of a coat of paint, but it appears to be more discolored than thin.

photo-2.jpg

What marshall cab is that? I wanna get that.....

Archived