Gibson Brands Forums

Barbecue

Californiaman

Brats, Burgers, Steaks and ESPECIALLY corn on the cob....both wrapped in foil and just on the grill still in the husks. As much as I love to grill I almost have to wait til sundown out here in AZ. It was between 110-115 the past few days and lighting a fire for the grill just was not on my to do list for dinner. I think this weekend its getting fired up though!

Funny Californiaman but I grilled tri-tip as well as pork butt (shoulder, aka port tri tip) and grilled corn just night before last. We brown the meat first in butter then season with a garlic seasoning from Gilroy, some flaked salt then grill to 135 degrees in the center. My mouth is watering all over again.

Sounds like a good time.

After we're settled in Tman, you and the Mrs. can come on up for a Q.

Today I GRILLED my opponent's lawyers in a lawsuit.........Them idiots got GRILLED and BURNED...........

That's great Damian.

Toast 'em and roast 'em.

Hope they go down in flames, hard.

I know what your thinking.

"Californiaman loves barbecue."

Well, I do.

What's on the grill tonight?

Barbecue pork chops with Kansas City BQ sauce.

Vegekabobs too. That's right, mushrooms (a fungi), cherry tomatoes, zucchini, onion, and red pepper. Basted with butter and a little KC BQ.

We had barbecue hamburgers and hot dogs earlier in the week. Thought I'd (stealing someone else's line here) "Kick it up a notch!"

Good stuff. Sure glad it's summer now.

Oh, and for desert... a freshly baked raspberry pie from Gina's Piece of Cake. Gina, sure knows how to bake. Her cupcakes are delightful, the cakes mouth-watering, and her danish rivals the best any Dutch baker could muster up. But her pie is simply the best.

Archived