Gibson Brands Forums

BB King at Glastonbury.

LarryUK

I saw him in 2003 at the Moncton Coliseum. One of the best shows I've seen yet. Rivaled only by Ozzy in 2007.

Although I can't comment on how he sounds now, I wouldn't be surprised if BB retires soon. Being on tour at his age must be hard quite hard on him physically. I mean he's close to 90 by now isn't he?

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

It's Glastonbury!!!...even BB is off his mash... [biggrin]

Clearly never been. The most conservative festival in the world. It's a crowd if estate agents in trendy patterned wellies with s few students on their first sniff of a drink rolling about in mud.

Clearly never been. The most conservative festival in the world.

You are sooo wrong...

I went in the eighties, both as a punter...before the heras fencing...when entry was free...the mutoid waste company roaming the site dolling out the free acid...along with the brew crew crowd...fresh from the Battle of the Beanfield ..(google it)

And played it with Drugstore as a muso....

Both times EVERYBODY was off of it!!!

Also went in the early nineties...at the peak of the ecstasy scene in the UK...Underworld on the main stage...

I stopped going when they brought in the fencing, and police presence on site...and the estate agents!...

You missed out my friend...Glastonbury in it's heyday was one of the spaciest festivals ever....great days...long gone... [crying]

If you want the most conservative festival in the world, try the Lilith Fair!! [biggrin]

You are sooo wrong...

I went in the eighties, both as a punter...before the heras fencing...when entry was free...the mutoid waste company roaming the site dolling out the free acid...along with the brew crew crowd...fresh from the Battle of the Beanfield ..(google it)

And played it with Drugstore as a muso....

Both times EVERYBODY was off of it!!!

Also went in the early nineties...at the peak of the ecstasy scene in the UK...Underworld on the main stage...

I stopped going when they brought in the fencing, and police presence on site...and the estate agents!...

You missed out my friend...Glastonbury in it's heyday was one of the spaciest festivals ever....great days...long gone... [crying]

If you want the most conservative festival in the world, try the Lilith Fair!! [biggrin]

I stand corrected, you were there in the good old days. I was too young in the 80s enjoyed the 90s now it's aweful. BTW battle of the beanfields is my favourite levellers song. Down the 303 at the end of the line!. Reading is my festival.

I saw him in P'Cola the day before he left for Europe. He is in fact 86 he doesn't play as much as he used to, however he still can and did rock the place, (Saneger Theater). My wife and 18 year old son both attended and agreed that he was in fact deserving of his reputation, although all of us wished he would have played a little more. But if I could play as well now at 60 as he does at 86 I would be a Happy Man!

My dad's band (formed in 1952) just sent their original trumpet player, who still plays professionaly, a 100th birthday card.

Archived