Gibson Brands Forums

2007 limited edition pre-war jumbo

scottnfld

I am assuming it is the early pre-war Jumbo(slope shoulder)reissue that was Gibsons' response to the Martin dreadnought.The contemporary models I've played had uniform body depth,meaning the depth of the guitar was equal front to back,not tapered like most Gibsons.Mahogany back,sides and neck with many having Adirondack tops as opposed to Sitka.Either model I played sounded very good(very typical of THE Gibson sound),and decidedly different than a J-45,but not in a bad way.The design lent itself to a punchy,dry tone that Gibson is known for and were versatile as a chordal partner or flatpick leads(to a lesser extent)and this was reflective of the shorter scale,24 3/4.One of our forum members has a wonderful collection of era specific Gibsons,such as the original Jumbo's,Trojan's and 35's,and I have only limited experience of comparison to the real deal.But I like the model you mention and it's versatility covers the sonic gamut for most of us pickers.It sounds Good!If you would like a J-45,this model would only enhance that potential box IMHO.Cool old style burst' too.

Archived