Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BoyVader

Female vocals..

Ok, so was going through my music and I have over 3000 artists on my hard drive! and not one female vocalist in there....

I just don't like female vocals....now I'm not proud of this, so can anyone suggest some female vocalists I might like? [unsure]

Ok, so was going through my music and I have over 3000 artists on my hard drive! and not one female vocalist in there....

I just don't like female vocals....now I'm not proud of this, so can anyone suggest some female vocalists I might like? [unsure]

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

She has some other things I like too [blush]

I like female vocals in general, the only thing I steer away from is when they try to emulate Janis Joplin, while I love Janis her style has been borrowed to death.

Ann Wilson (Heart), Melissa Ethridge, there are so many that are great vocalists....

I'm not a huge fan of most female vocalist in "Rock" music but am open minded ( eared?)

Ann Wilson - Mistral Wind!!!! Keeeripes! She has the power to pull it off! Janice was good.... Pat Benatar was pretty decent.

This really kicks in around 2:15

She does a damn good job on Zep too! And check out the SG Nancy is playing!

I tend to like the more one hit wonder aspect of female vocals more than a whole cd of the same female singer.

Also, I just have a strange obsession for this song, I don't know why. It just somehow obsesses me. It might need to be Baker acted.

(sorry, the Florida Baker act allows them to send you to the looney bin for a 3 day evaluation if they think your nuts)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chysEoANK7c&feature=related

I'd like to know what you've heard that you don't like. I love female vocals. I think women are far more expressive vocally then men.

Err...all of the above....sorry...but keep em coming...

Have you considered that maybe you're just a misogynist?

[lol]

[lol]

Or possibly just an Anti-Gynist??? [scared]

[lol]

Nah...I love women...so that can't be right...just can't find any female vocalists I like....

Maybe it's because I love people like Johnny Cash, Howlin Wolf, Cpt. Beefheart?....they are all pretty big deep voices?...

So as I understand it, a person who calls themself "BoyVader" doesn't like female singers.....mmmmm... in you're case the best female singer may not be a woman...just saying... :rolleyes: