Gibson Brands Forums

Female vocals..

BoyVader

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there likely are three factors here...

Style of music...

Range of the vocal instrument...

Style of use of the particular instrument.

Most of the girl singers I tend to like are obviously of a different era, but note that I like some and don't care much for others. Ain't how pretty they appear, but strictly following the above three general guidelines.

I think vids do something different for the perspective on all music compared to the way it was mostly audio when I was growing up.

m

Unfortunately, it seems to me that many women singing contemporary music are spewing formulated garbage with choreographed back-up, started by Madonna and Janet Jackson.

I agree. Which makes me wonder why Christina Aguilera plays that game when she has the chops to go it on her own without al the back up B.S. She's one of the biggest fish in the ocean.

I've heard Janis Joplin. Not that great IMO.

If you ever get a job, the first thing you need to buy is a clue

I agree. Which makes me wonder why Christina Aguilera plays that game when she has the chops to go it on her own without al the back up B.S. She's one of the biggest fish in the ocean.

The money is, and always will be, with the teeny boppers and pop fans.

No one has mentioned Lucinda Williams.

There is no shortage of great female singers capable of rocking just as good as any male...in fact there are many who have such powerful voices that a record or a cd just doesn't do them justice, I can think of one that was trained to be a operatic singer, has preformed some the best rock songs ever, then went to big band and has be successful in classical and ethnic music.

I know of no male rock singer that has a career that can match her for versatility, vocal range and pure power that she has.

Anyone care to take a guess?

There is no shortage of great female singers capable of rocking just as good as any male...in fact there are many who have such powerful voices that a record or a cd just doesn't do them justice, I can think of one that was trained to be a operatic singer, has preformed some the best rock songs ever, then went to big band and has be successful in classical and ethnic music.

I know of no male rock singer that has a career that can match her for versatility, vocal range and pure power that she has.

Anyone care to take a guess?

Possibly Ms. Ronstadt

Ok, so was going through my music and I have over 3000 artists on my hard drive! and not one female vocalist in there....

I just don't like female vocals....now I'm not proud of this, so can anyone suggest some female vocalists I might like? [unsure]

Etta James.

Hall

Archived