Gibson Brands Forums

Doves In Flight & Hummingbird Koa

DanvillRob

Definitely DEFINITELY beautiful. And I can hear them from here! [thumbup]

I didn't take them to the SANSJAM, but if you're here next year for it, I'll bring them along for you to hear & play!

When I can, I'll make a video comparing the Dove to the DIF to the H'Bird, (they all sound TOTALLY different from each other).

Those are so gorgeous I'd be afraid to play them. Of course, I'm a guy who almost stuck a D-45 into a turning overhead fan in the house a few weeks ago. Got to learn to curb my enthusiasm.

<Note to self: Don't let Nick play the guitars in any room with a ceiling fan.>

I do play them, but I won't wear a shirt with buttons on....no pants with snaps, etc. Usually play 'em with sweat pants & tee shirt on.

<Note to self: Don't let Nick play the guitars in any room with a ceiling fan.>

I do play them, but I won't wear a shirt with buttons on....no pants with snaps, etc. Usually play 'em with sweat pants & tee shirt on.

For me it's shorts with no snaps, buttons or belts, and a clean cotton T-shirt. I also drape another cotton rag over the guitar under my arm. Thinking of keeping a separate set of T-shirts with no underarm deodorant residue in the armpits. I also wash my hands and arms before playing. But then I try to stick a guitar through a fan......

This is a sickness.

For me it's shorts with no snaps, buttons or belts, and a clean cotton T-shirt. I also drape another cotton rag over the guitar under my arm. Thinking of keeping a separate set of T-shirts with no underarm deodorant residue in the armpits. I also wash my hands and arms before playing. But then I try to stick a guitar through a fan......

This is a sickness.

lol :) . thanks for sharing that . you made my day man !.

Rob -

Beautiful photos, gorgeous guitars. [thumbup]

I was in Chicago on vacation and dropped in a on a GC - they had two DIFs in stock. I played them both - great sounding guitars. The one I liked best had a darker top like yours. I ended up leaving with an ES-359.

Rob -

Beautiful photos, gorgeous guitars. [thumbup]

I was in Chicago on vacation and dropped in a on a GC - they had two DIFs in stock. I played them both - great sounding guitars. The one I liked best had a darker top like yours. I ended up leaving with an ES-359.

Thanks.... that's pretty special coming from someone who has such beautiful instruments!

The wife finally commented on the H'Bird this weekend....Before that she never let on that she even noticed it at all.

('course she said, "is that one of the guitars you're going to be selling?")

I said, "Yeah"....

I'm surprised by how much smaller the H'Bird seems, (Scale), but especially how much "brighter" it is!

Understandable. How the suit each other. Slightly different headstock it seems – and isn't the nut-width wider on the Bird ?

Nice surroundings by the way -

The headstock on the H'Bird is smaller than the DIF. Not sure the nut is narrower, I'll have to measure 'em. Might be an illusion because the headstock is smaller.

Both feel really comfortable. I've not had the H'Bird professionally set up yet. I wanted to play it for awhile first. The "Platinum Gear Manager" at GC said he'd set it

up personally, and it feels pretty good, but my guy, Tony, will get it just perfect for me.

Those are sure gorgeous!!

Thanks... I think so too

Absolutly awesome instruments.

They actually are....and they aren't just eye candy...they're beautiful sounding instruments, (they sound better than my playing ability).

Great pics too.

Just stuck them on the deck next to the fire pit. I'd taken some pics when I got the DIF there and thought the pit complimented the guitar, so I took these photos last Sunday.

Archived