Gibson Brands Forums

Gillian Welch......

Gilliangirl

hmmm...what channel is conan obrien on? I never watch TV....time to google TV guide I guess...

...found it...gonna record it on the DVR....I don't know who was just on but she had on the shortest skirt I've ever seen...I wonder what Gillian will be wearing...

:unsure:

someone post the video..I missed this.

I didn't tape it but I did stay up and watch it ( :blink: ). They played one song and it was well done, of course. Dave's playing was impressive, as always. The crowd seemed to really appreciate them. You always wonder if that type of crowd can really appreciate this type of talent..... would they rather see Lady Gag? I was hoping Conan would interview them but they didn't get even a second to talk [bored] One of the things that really shines about GW is the rapport they have with each other and the audience. They didn't get a chance for that here, at least not from what was aired on TV. Maybe someone will upload to YT?

So far all the samples I've heard from the new record sound fantastic.

I think I've only heard three so far but liked them all. Haven't made it to the store yet.... will do that tomorrow. GW on facebook posted that the CD insert (the US version) is made from cotton and they are recommending you dye it with coffee. They even posted a video on how to do this!

The coffee bath idea is groovy, cheerful and highly original. I would do it. But will it leave the record smelling like Colombian Brown. Reminds me of an album released here 5 or 6 years ago. When you pulled out the light-cyan inner-sleeve, a scent of blueberries rose to your nose. Eeeeeehhhh, I'm not sure. . . .

The Way It Goes : Have to say I think it's a strong* and absolutely good album track, and they do a terrific job on O'Brien – not sure it's suited as a 'single' though. Simply not as original and eyeopening as the mocha-ritual. Bear with me Ggirl.

* the lyrics take no prisoners -

I hear what you're saying Em7. It's your basic I - IV - V song (if I remember correctly). Thanks for the link Jchabalk. It just keeps buffering on me but I'm persistent so we'll see if I can get it to play.

Well I'm just gonna have to buy the record. I don't buy many Cds anymore as my artist dedication has wained, but I find myself still very dedicated to these two. I was right up front at a Nashville Station Inn show many many years ago....remains one of the best I've seen in this here town.

I absolutely love the sound of the Epi archtop David Rawlings plays. His flatpicking style goes absolute brilliantly with GW's J-50.

Man oh man, I can se I gotta get another guitar. Anyone have any experience with Gibson acoustic archtops? I see a lot of them from the late 40's and early 50's on eBay for what seem like rational prices. They sound perfect for flatpicking leads when you are playing with someone else on flat top.

Bob Harris has been playing some tracks from the new album on his country show in the UK - BBC Radio 2 Thursdays 7pm to 8pm. By far my favourite radio show.

I'd not heard very much of her stuff until recently but I like what I hear.

I bought the CD instead of just the download just to get the letterpress cover, I love letterpress and own one of the same windmill presses they used to print this cover so I'm sure it'll probably end up on the bulletin board or even framed in my studio.

As for the coffee stain that's a cute idea and a old printers trick to make new paper look older and get the aged ivory color, I probably won't due it on purpose but I end up using most of my cd cases as coasters after I put the disk in the stereo so often it won't take long probably.

Archived