Gibson Brands Forums

You know you're addicted to guitar playing when.....

j45nick

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How else is he gonna dig out the spinach from between his teeth?

It looks a bit scary to the bar staff (and other customers) when you can't pick up your drink you just ordered because you have forgotten you have a thumbpick and fingerpicks on your right hand, and a bottleneck on your left hand...

BluesKing777

I am lucky where we live because our local boozer lets me practice guitar while I drink and chat away and I've always got it with me too and from work. So the only time I don't have it with me is when I go and walk to the shops to get some groceries...

Years ago I would go to my in laws 'unarmed' (he he) until my wife agreed it was okay to take it there too (I had to argue my case with my wife that I 'needed' it to cope with the visit). Put it this way, when a mother in law is telling you a long winded story that you can't even get a word in edge ways to comment anyway, being able to hear those lovely strings really calms you. Plus you may as well being doing something useful while you are sitting in a lounge for three hours.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Always have at least two, just in case you lose one. "Be prepared".

I was jazz jamming with some friends, with my Strato-copy. One friend with the saxophone brought his new-to-him Harmony arch top "Patrician" he wanted me to look at.

[blink] Is she a pretty one. Looks show room new. Has a nice TKL case to keep her snug. I had already put my axe away, but reached for my back pocket, whipped out my wallet saying, "I'm always prepared." Both my jam mates got all wide eyed [scared] , then when I pulled out a pick they both breathed a collective sigh... I asked, "What did you think I had in my wallet?" [sneaky] They both shrugged and said nary a word. [laugh][blush]

The Harmony has a beautiful voice, solid top too. He paid 450 for her. With the hard shell case, while I don't think he got a bargain, I don't think he got hurt too bad. It even has a nearly pristine, OEM pick-guard, coveted by collectors of top level Harmony's. It sounds and plays just as well as any Gibson or Martin of that vintage.... maybe better.

j45nick, on 28 June 2011 - 05:06 PM, said:

You know you are completely addicted to guitar playing (and guitars) when:

You are watching a movie, someone opens a guitar case, pulls out a weapon, and you think...Now what happened to THAT guitar???

Archived