Gibson Brands Forums

Next Person Who Uses The Expression "just sayin'"

I like that one Dinosaurs and Cigarettes. Both will kill you either a few billion years ago in the first person or today by getting ran over by a car while your lighting a cigarette.

good connection!

How about 'it's like iron and Pufferfish' LOL

Come on! you are good at this!!

Matt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what Bookeepers son is trying to get across is that some people will write something way off base and maybe totally obnoxious and then figures that by adding "Just Sayin'" it excuses their ignorance and makes them blameless for writing it.And no I won't say it.

You just did.

I think what Bookeepers son is trying to get across is that some people will write something way off base and maybe totally obnoxious and then figures that by adding "Just Sayin'" it excuses their ignorance and makes them blameless for writing it.And no I won't say it.

Kind of like when people say "no offense but" and then proceed to offend>>>>>>......

Thank you!

You two need to lighten up, life is to short to ponder the meaning of what others post in jest, some topics are so meaningless and shallow as to be beyond trivial....why should the reply be any different?

This is a pretty laid back forum, I believe it is named a "lounge", that would imply friendly and relaxed.

Just saying.

Maybe we all misunderstood and it's really:

Justin Sane?

Justice Zane?

Just Sane?

Just Stay In?

Just Stayin? (yeah its different)

Regional accents do make a difference. Especially in print.

Thank Yew.

Also WTF is with 'I could care less' LOL

If you could 'care less' than there is still some caring potential left lol. People seem to use this to show ultimate disdain, but it is worded incorrectly for that use.

In the UK we say 'I couldn't care less' because that's it!! There is no degree of care remaining and you just couldn't care any less than you do.

Jus sayin'

Matt

Also WTF is with 'I could care less' LOL

If you could 'care less' than there is still some caring potential left lol. People seem to use this to show ultimate disdain, but it is worded incorrectly for that use.

In the UK we say 'I couldn't care less' because that's it!! There is no degree of care remaining and you just couldn't care any less than you do.

Jus sayin'

Matt

I agree. I always assumed the 'I could care less' was originally meant to be delivered in a heavily sarcastic manner but this is difficult to convey in writing.

I, therefore, prefer the expression 'I couldn't give a rat's fart'. Much clearer.

Jus witterin'

P.

Why didn't he just say it then? ;)

This thread is reaching that point . . . . . . . just sayin' . . B)

Nope, didn't shut the thread down. Duane just deleted my reply.

No hard feelin's Duane. [thumbup]

I tried Big Kahune.

Well, I think this thread, now at 48 replies, quite handily supports my implied (yes, I'm aware of how many don't understand subtle, so I'll be more explicit now) point about myriad posts containing the same tired, overused expressions over and over again.

My subtle attempt at some lighthearted criticism was apparently an "epic fail" (yet another stupid expression), so I guess this post cuts to the cheese.

Next Halloween I'm gonna be a Werewolf...........

........................................................................................Just bayin'......[flapper][scared][blink] ...

Archived